Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

Happy Birthday GRANDPA POWELL!!!
 
I wanted to call you up yesturday and sing you a song Carrie style:) But atlas! I had to wait to say it here:)
 
You know, being a missionary for a long period of time is awesome. AND I never want to go home. haha. NUNCA! TAU TOKI SIO TODAS PESSOAS NA MUNDO!!! Excuse my horrible Spanishnesongan. I have no idea how to speak any language.
 
There is a couple of things that I hate telling people about myself:
1-I'm a Visa Waiter
2-I'm a Visa Waiter
3-My Portuguese is horrible
 
Haha. Man, so I don't tell them I'm one, but somehow they always find out. Like they ask these funny question (especially annoying returned missionary men)
In pompous voices like they are better than us American Assigned missionaries:
"I bet y'all had wished you had been called foreign hmmmmm?"
 
And it is like, welllllllll.....actually I did get an assignment to a foreign country, but I get to serve in America for who knows how long where I get awesome food, a shower that works, and muito otra coisas! HA! Beat that! I get the best of both worlds!!!
 
Enough with my California pride,
 
(AND I want to point out that I am the LONGEST Visa Waiter in the Family. I might be waiting forever, so I think I deserve an award!)
 
This week was super crazy and good!
 
We have this suppppperrr Less Active Woman named Sarika, who is pretty much a little loco moco but super awesome. But she had to kick out her roommate, so we had to help her roommate (a nonmember move) it was an awesome experience. She is a awesome woman.
 
We also have this member in our church named Brother Walters who were going to visit this week in the evening. But nothing goes as planned so we decided to visit him early on in the day. He was super shocked to see us when we walked in his door because in 15 minutes he was going to go to the hospital. And he had been praying someone would show up to visit him because he thought he was going to die at the hospital. It was a really spiritual visit. And he is still alive:)
 
We had this HORRIBLE lesson with our investigator. We taught him the Plan of Salvation, but his like relative was in there, and was taking over the lesson, and was making me and Sister Palmer agrivated, and the spirit wasn't really there. But we invited him to be baptized, and he said "Why not!" So he is being baptized on March 2nd! Yay for the spirit allowing Matt to at least feel the spirit. But I seriously dislike Missionary Present Lessons. THEY ARE THE WORST. Especially when he (the member) tries to get you to explain really deep doctrine: The literal fall, Kolob, The War in Heaven. It was just all over the place. haha.
 
All the members here are super awesome and lovely. I love the wards I am serving in. I am trying each day to be a good companion to Sister Palmer. I think that is my most biggest want. I just want to be a good companion.
 
And we met this adorable Jewish Woman who loves to talk about God, but no one will because they don't think they believe in the same God as her, and that makes her super sad. So we were all for talking with her about God, and it made her day. She said she loved us:)
 
So! Don't be scared to talk about God! God loves all of his children! And people want to talk about Him! That's my invitation for all y'all! I love y'all! The church is true!
 
Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment