Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

I am soooooooooooooooooooo sick. Hahaha. I stood up all night just puking. And Friday Night. I didn't eat Saturday, and I thought I would be safe on Sunday and Monday. So I chowed down even though I felt like poo. Bad idea.
 
Other than that, my week last week was great though.
 
Sister Funaki and I contacted some great people. We talked with everyone and we invited everyone.
 
We contacted this guy, and the only Book of Mormon we had left was in Spanish, so I was just like, okay- Heavenly Father, Please help us find someone that will accept a Spanish Book of Mormon. And then I noticed this guy walking behind me, and I just decided to offer it to him. Amazing enough he understood Spanish (totally spanish) and he accepted the Book. We kept talking and he made it to his friends house, and his friend's house had TONS of mormon.org and Finding Faith in Christ cards on his door. I was just like: who woulda knew?
 
We also contacted these two men who wanted "to extend the weekend". Nereque and Jose. I just sped walked towards them. We told them that God loved them very much and that he is their Father. They loved that short message and they demanded that we come back.
 
I love contacting with just a Book of Mormon. It is much more spiritual and it invites testimony and the Spirit. I love relying on my Heavenly Father. I pray so much during contacting with just a Book of Mormon. Sure there are awkward moments (contacting people over the fence or people speak German and not English or they are just plain drunk) but I have seen so many miracles.
 
I have to speak at Zone Conference (the mission vision, meh) wich me luck and that my flu goes away! Haha.
 
Sorry it was so short. But I know this Church is true. I know Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to be happy. I know that families can be together forever. And everyone in the Lake Charles Ward, we have a HUGE WARD. I looked at the directory. And not half of those people show up. Lets help our missionaries out over there and do some good fellowshiping. The ward won't grow in numbers with new people if we don't help those who already there. They need love and help. I love y'all so much!
 
Love,
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment