Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

I hate driving. Hahaha. 

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I am one of the only "polynesian" sister that drives. And I know I am supposed to be all loving and stuff, but dang I get annoyed while driving. Polynesians are bossy. Hahaha.

I never want to be a soccer mom.

Okay. Now I am done. Thank you for listening, now I won't say it to their faces. But dang, they need to appreciate;)

Okay. This week was a lovely week for the most part. It had it's ups and downs. Car issues, rotten news about my Visa (Por yeah! I just love Visas so much!), everyone (except for me) on their monthly disease and being super grumpy, and roaches. But hey! Those just build character.

I have had a lot of prayers answered this week, small and big. But some reason lately, it's the small ones that get me emotional. Like finding my library card, I about bawled my eyes out finding that thing this morning. Or finding my toothbrush, or seeing my companion pray after weeks of not praying. All these things just make me want to sing and shout praises.

The main event this week was my exchange. We have this thing called "STLs". They are Sisters that go out and try to help out the Sisters. I have never gone on an exchange with a Sister Training Leader, I always have gone out with the companion. And I have moved so much, so I really don't know who they are. So, I went to Redwood City with a new missionary in the Spanish Program. I loved it. I LOVE the Spanish program. And it was a nice change to be with a different missionary. 

Hermana Baird has hair pretty much like me, and is the sweetest person you will ever meet. Her Spanish is super good, and she is super obedient. She is awesome. I bought bread for her one time because poor girl was being deprived of food. (She lives with super healthy people). 

A couple weeks ago, Sister Funaki and I came in contact with this Spanish guy on the street. He has been less active for years. And for some reason, after we talked with him, just because we bore simple testimony that Heavenly Father loved him, and the Spirit testified of that truth to him, he decided to come back to church. He has passed out the sacrament now. He was super grateful to us and kept sending us text messages. His name on our phone is "Daniel Do Not Answer" because he sent a text message I didn't like. Haha. 

I thought I would never see him again, but at the exchange, we saw him at the park. He was so happy to see me. And it was pretty cool to see him. My Spanish is horrible, but we had a pretty good conversation. He is preparing to go to the temple. Than he went on about my "celestial eyes" and he became Daniel Do Not Answer again. Haha.

That day we also taught this adorable old lady named Abrigal, who is a Potential Investigator. We taught her about the Book of Mormon. And when I was testifying in my "Spanishnese" I felt like my chest was on fire in the inside and my heart was going to explode with love. And then I got sad, because I wanted to be teaching in the Language that I was assigned to speak. And I prayed after that lesson that we would meet someone who could speak Portuguese. And then we did! He spoke like three sentences, because he isn't fluent, but I just wanted to just hug him. I was like PORTUGUESE!!!. He owns a resturant downtown in Redwood.

I love teaching everyone, even if they are on the street. We taught some cool people. Some guy from Iraq named Mohammad, he taught us too. We taught a man named Tony, and a guy named Harrison, and than we taught a guy named Angel. We taught them the restoration. Angel was funny because when I was saying the first vision, he thought I was praying at him. I was like no! Haha. Poor Angel now thinks Mormons are creepers. I should've said yes;).

All and all, it was a good week. I learned a lot and I changed. That's what is important. I hope I was worthy enough to have the Spirit so that I helped the Spirit help others to change. At least I planted a seed:)

I know this church is true! I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week:)

Ofa atu!

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment