Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

OH my gosh. I dont think words can describe brazil. Its so different, so beautiful, so hard, so sad, so wonderful, not hard in the ways I thought. Pretty much everything. And I love it so much :) 

It was such a random week! I ended up spending most of it at the mission home with my companion. She is from Brazil and doesnt speak english but she is the most beautiful person in the world! She is so protective also. hahaha I feel like a baby. But its okay because I dontt want to get it by a car. We spent those days in the City. Salvador is so cool! I loved spending time with my mission president and his wife. they are so amazing. I also saw sister mann! OH MY GOODNESS! I love that sister so much. I cried when I saw her! 

I am in St. Antonio de Jesus. And it is the most beautiful place in the world! It is so poor also. The roads are dirt and I have to hang dry my clothes which is so weird and the toilet is so bad. We have to turn on the shower to flush and then the lights flicker. hahaha Honestly everything about brazil is different. Its super strange for me to be here and see the people Ive prayed and prayed for them. I love them so much. They are so amazing. However nothing starts on time. haha its so funny! But I love it :) Honestly I dont know where I am ever. There are no streets signs so when we tell people about the church we say oh the one by the cementary in the shopping area. lol So random. Our ward correlator is best! We are opening this area (Arent I always opening areas?) haha So we need him a lot! Because both of us are lost. Its weird not being able to express myself and not being able to understand. But I still love it. I prayed to be here so I will never complain.

Really I dont know what to tell you about this week. I have no idea what has been going on. haha we have been looking people up and they all comment on the fact I look 12. lol i thought it was bad in NYC.  Nope worst here. haha I have almost cried so many times seeing how they live here. I just want to give them everything I have. They are the most humble people in the world. I try to talk to everyone I can. And it is helping. I am learning pretty fast but I still cant speak that well.

One thing I have realized coming here is how grateful I am for NYC :) I learned how to be a missionary there. and not to be a robot. I learned that numbers arent important, souls are. I learned the temple is the goal. I am almost exactly obedient (I still have a ways to go) And I know how to find real growth people. Im excited to bring that to this mission. :) let me tell you you will never find a group of missionaries that work so hard though! Ive never walked so much! 

I know God lives. I lm so happy to be His missionary :) Always remember to be happy and that faith is pointed towards the future!

LOVE YOU LOADS!

Better letter nexter week :) when I know whats going on. haha

No comments

Post a Comment