Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

I have been transferred to Pleasanton, California! My new companion is Sister Palmer. She is awesome and is from Sandy, Utah. She has such a strong testimony. I heard how awesome she was before here, and all the hearings were true!
 
This week has possibly been the most stressful week of my life. Such a weird week. I have no idea what was exactly up with it, but it was so weird.
 
Monday, we were at a members home for his farewell Family Home Evening. I am so glad I just spent time with family before I left. You could tell that he really wanted to just be with his mom and dad and sister
 
Tuesday was so weird. SO WEIRD. It was just full of driving. But we got in a really good lesson with our recent convert, Janet and Vita. They were so happy. Which was good, because they have been so down.
 
That night I had a super strange dream. I had a dream that President was mad at Sister Funaki, and she didn't know why. I woke up, and I knew something was going to happen. My personal study was full about being patient and enduring to the end.
One scripture that stuck out to me was Hebrews 12:
 
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the asin which doth so easily bbeset us, and let us run with cpatience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the aauthor and bfinisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him cendured the cross, despising thedshame, and is set down at the right hand of the ethrone of God.
 3 For consider him that endured such acontradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, astriving against sin.
 5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
 6 For whom the Lord loveth he achasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
 7 If ye aendure bchastening, God dealeth with you as with csons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
 9 Furthermore we have had afathers of our flesh which bcorrected us, and we gave them creverence: shall we not much rather be indsubjection unto the eFather of fspirits, and live?
 10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his aholiness.
 11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the apeaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are bexercised thereby.
 12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the afeeble knees;
 13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be ahealed.
 14 Follow apeace with all men, and bholiness, without which no man shall csee the Lord:
 15 Looking diligently lest any man afail of the bgrace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
 16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his abirthright.
 17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with atears.
 18 For ye are not come unto the amount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
 19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which avoice they that heard entreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
 20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
 22 But ye are come unto mount aSion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company ofbangels,
 23 To the general assembly and church of the afirstborn, which are bwritten in heaven, and to God the cJudge of all, and to the dspirits ofejust men made perfect,
 24 And to Jesus the amediator of the bnew ccovenant, and to the dblood of sprinkling, that speaketh ebetter things than that of Abel.
 25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they aescaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not weescape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
 26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I ashake not the earth only, but also heaven.
 27 And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
 28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with areverenceand godly bfear:
 29 For our God is a consuming fire.
I had a feeling that I would have to make a decision and President would be calling me. And he did call me. He asked me what he should this transfer. And I told him to keep me with Sister Funaki. He was really against it on the phone because of things that had been going on, but I told him: I am here to serve the Lord, and I will do whatever He wants me to do. If he wants me to stay, I am up for another transfer.
 
I have never felt so much like the Savior in that moment. No one wanted to be her companion (I am sorry if that was mean), and I really didn't want anyone else but me to have to go through it. And I honestly just sobbed, because I didn't know if I had the strength. I put my all in our companionship.I was willing to sacrafice everything to make sure no one else had to got through what I was going through. I didn't know what much I could do.
 
Thursday, I told her about my  talk and she was super mad. I do not know what is wrong with me, I am seriously trying to figure it out, because I want to be a good companion. But it was funny because all the rest of the days afterwards she was super pleasant.
 
We had a super cool contact that day with this man named Bob and his dog Molly. His wife had died 14 years ago, and we taught him the Plan of Salvation. He had been so reserved, but he loved our message. He walked us to our dinner appointment and everything. I love the Plan of Salvation. It seriously is amazing.
 
We also celebrated Sister Funaki's one year. We burnt a shirt and everything. It was super good.
 
Friday, I had a feeling that I had to do fingerprinting for my Visa. I kept asking for a sign where we should go for fingerprinting (because the state of California doesn't do fingerprinting) and then I saw a fedex truck, and I knew we needed to go to fedex. We went there, and they didn't have fingerprinting (lame sauce), and we walked out bummed. But we contacted a man and asked him where, and it was right next to fedex! So I did fingerprinting, and it turns out I really needed to do it. Go feelings!
 
Saturday was soooo emotional. I didn't think I would be getting a transfer call, and next minute, I am in bed and I get a call. I was so upset. Sister Funaki was so happy. She was happy she could do whatever she wanted to do now that I was going. So, pleasantness went away.
 
I was so upset, because I was so sure that I needed to stay. I was so willing to stay. I wanted to help out more, and I was so sure I had to be the one to do it.
 
Sunday, I woke up so upset. Especially since there was celebrating going on. I asked God why? What is wrong with me. And I got the answer through Isaiah, weird right. Haha. But here are the scriptures:
 aSing, O bbarren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the Lord.
 2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thyastakes;
 3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.
 4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the ashame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the breproach of thy widowhood any more.
 5 For thy Maker is thine ahusband; the bLord of hosts is his name; and thy cRedeemer the Holy One of Israel; The dGod of the whole earth shall he be called.
 6 For the Lord hath called thee as a awoman bforsaken and grieved in spirit, and a cwife of youth, dwhen thou wast refused, saith thy God.
 7 For a small amoment have I bforsaken thee; but with great mercies will I cgather thee.
 8 In a little awrath I bhid my cface from thee for a moment; but with everlasting dkindness will I have emercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.
 9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the awaters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
 10 For the amountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the bcovenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.
 11 ¶O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy astones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
 12 And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
 13 And all thy achildren shall be btaught of the Lord; and great shall be the cpeace of thy children.
 14 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
 15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
 16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the awaster to destroy.
 17 ¶No aweapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every btongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the cservants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
1 Ho, every one that athirsteth, come ye to the bwaters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, cbuy wine and milk without money and without dprice.
 2 Wherefore do ye aspend money for that which is not bread? and your blabour for that which satisfieth not? hearken cdiligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
 3 Incline your ear, and acome unto me: hear, and your bsoul shall live; and I will make an everlasting ccovenant with you, even the dsuremercies of David.
 4 Behold, I have given him for a awitness to the people, a bleader and commander to the people.
 5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and anations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
 6 ¶aSeek ye the bLord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
 7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him areturn unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly bpardon.
 8 ¶For my athoughts are not byour thoughts, neither are your cways my dways, saith the Lord.
 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my aways bhigher than your ways, and my cthoughts than your thoughts.
 10 For as the arain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bbread to the eater:
 11 So shall my aword be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
 12 For ye shall go out with ajoy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all thebtrees of the field shall clap their hands.
 13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the afir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.


I guess God knew that if I went through another transfer, I wouldn't have liked myself. I really needed to learn something. I will go where ever the Lord wants me to go. I LOVED Sister Funaki. There is so many good things about her. I am glad she is getting a new companion to help her even more. I know I helped, she needed me as much as I needed her. But my help for her apparantly ended. She needs a new companion and so do I. I have grown so much. I have become a greater teacher, and a better friend. I have learned that it is good to be honest, especially if it helps the person I love. I have learned that I can do hard things, and that I am willing to do everything for the Lord. It was so fun to watch Sister Funaki grow too. She really did become more patient, and her testimony and knowledge grew too. I wish I could've been better, but serisously, I learned so much how to be patient. I have learned that Jesus Christ is my best Companion and he is always there. I love him, and I know he lives, becaue I know him and felt his love.

I am so excited for the new transfer. I love Pleasaton already! I will email my new address next week. Love y'all!

Love
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment