Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

I am so happy that Alex got her Visa! Now I just have to worry about her in a foreign country! My dream about her leaving on December 9th came true! Now I don't feel bad about emailing you about that:)

This week was soooooo strange!

It started out on going on splits with the Samoan Sisters. I went with Sister Salima to a dinner with this woman who is super less active woman who doesn't even accept lessons in her home, so we just ate dinner with her after getting lost in the trailer park for twenty minutes. She bought Popeyes and I had a super bad chicken. I was like nuh-uh Louisiana doesn't do that. People here really need to learn how to cook chicken. It tis an important art.

Tuesday started off great. We had our first district meeting in our new district after I was awake all night observing the bugs in our appartment and almost being attacked by a small roach. My legs are covered with flea bites. Yay! I love our new apartment. I need to explain to our apartment the importance of putting food away.

Well, you could imagine that I was soooooo tired after being attacked by fleas, that I was not in my in game when it was announced that we would be playing volleyball. My district leader smacked me in the face. It was hilarious. If you could hear my thoughts, you would be able to hear the dryness in my voice.

I can't really remember Tuesday very much, it's probably because I recieved a concussion. 

Wednesday. We visited with Ano who is getting baptized this Saturday. I am so happy that I could be here to help Sister Funaki (and Sister Samples) finally see him be baptized. We really fought for it. We were sort of attacked by his auntie. She was very hostile, but it that's alright. She wanted a fight but we didn't give it her. We are going to visit him tonight, which we are super excited for.

Thursday, we went on exchanges with our Sister Training Leader, I went to Saratogo with Sister Harris. It was so fun. And I was fed regular food. We visited with Roger a very athiest man, this kid named Aaron flew at Sister Harris and she had to catch him. Haha. This man named Black Ice contacted us and wanted to be baptized only if I was the mother of his babies (never going to happen Black Ice), and then the shower broke and I couldn't shower.

This man named Brother Philips hugged me after he found out I was from Louisiana and I was too. Hawkward.

Friday, I was dropped off to the mission office and then we went home to EPA. We are riding bikes. MY LEGS HURT SO BAD! Y'all should see them. They look exactly like they did when I was younger. Scratches and bug bites oh my!

Saturday we went to a baptism for a Brazilian woman. It was all in Portuguese and super spiritual. I loved it so much. We then got stuck in Redwood City where we walked and walked and walked until we got a lesson with a woman in Maria who told me I should be fluent in Portuguese. Thanks Maria.

We then rode our bikes until we went on another exchange. I went with Sister Tauti and we went to a dinner the Pennes who are awesome. We ate sizzlers. We then visited the families in their branch. I love 1 Nephi 11:17 "And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; neverless I do not know the mean of all things." I love sharing that with families and explaining how important it is to show that love to everyone.

Sunday was Sister Funaki's birthday. I got her a cheesecake and a thor birthday card. I had the gift of tongues during church when they announced "One of our Sister Missionaries have a birthday this week. Say happy birthday to Sister Powell when you see her." I was horrified when they said that. I was like nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! But her birthday was super good, and so was this week! I love y'all so much and I am so proud of y'all! The church is true and California San Jose is the best mission in the world. I LOVE BEING HERE. I really do. I am just going to live here forever. And I am taking y'all on tours of this mission. We'll visit all my wards: english, spanish, and tongan OH MY! 

I love y'all!

Love,
Sister Powell in the San Jose California Mission

(Can we add that to my plaque at home?)

No comments

Post a Comment