Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

I have forgotten how to have a companion. MEH! haha.
 
I have this horrible thing that has happened. I don't get afraid anymore. I hardly get nervous. I don't know when or how I realized it, but I just don't get scared. People tell me to talk at Sacrament, I talk. People tell me to sing, I sing. I walk up and talk to everyone. I love meeting new people. I just go out and do without really thinking. I think part of it, is because I had to be my own companion for a really long time. I am not used to another person contacting along side me, or another person wanting to teach the lesson with me, or wanting to excersise with me. It's SO WEIRD! I have to remind myself that I have a new companion that wants to participate. I don't have to start every lesson or contact every person or pray every time or anything. It's kind of awesome.
 
Sister Palmer is seriously so awesome. I don't know if it is because we have so much faith together, or we want to be great missionaries, but awesome things happen. She is like psycic or something. It's craycray.
 
Everyone in Pleasanton loves to TALK!
 
I remember during transfer meeting I was PRAYING so hard that I wouldn't be called to Pleasanton, but than when President starting calling the missionaries going to Pleasanton, I knew it was where I was going. I am so glad that I was sent here, it's teaching me so much. ESPECIALLY how to rely on the spirit again. The spirit is awesome!
 
Last night, all of our appointments fell through. Eveyone cancelled, and it was super sad. So we tried to visit people but no one was home. So we prayed and asked what we should do, and we didn't get any thing. So we opened the scriptures and we came to Helaman 3:6. It's super funny because we are sitting on Driftwood Road right next to Timber  Road, and Redwood Road, and things just wood:
  And now no part of the land was desolate, save it were for timber; but because of the greatness of the adestruction of the people who had before inhabited the land it was called bdesolate.
 
So we got that we shouldn't be that particalar street and that maybe it was pointless to try to visit people, so we were going to decided between contacting or working on the area book. So we opened to another scripture in Mormon 8:24-
 And he knoweth their aprayers, that they were in behalf of their brethren. And he knoweth their faith, for in his name could they removebmountains; and in his name could they cause the earth to shake; and by the power of his word did they cause cprisons to tumble to the earth; yea, even the fiery furnace could not harm them, neither wild beasts nor poisonous serpents, because of the power of his word.
 
So we knew we were going to do super awesome whatever we did, so we decided to drive down main street to see the population of people. And we drive past and there is some people and we can't decide for sure, so we park and we open the scriptures again and it was Ether 2: 16- 16 And the Lord said: Go to work and build.
 
And so we went out of our car and contacted some awesome people. We contacted a man whose uncle was mormon but recently died and he always wondered how he changed and was happy. And happened to own the Quad. And we gave his girlfriend who wanted to know more about Jesus a Book of Mormon. And then we walked passed this girl named Lindsay and her friend Kevin who demanded us to teach her something. Sure she was interesting, but we taught her the Plan of Salvation. It was super good.
 
And things like that have been happening all week. Like we say something, and it happens. Or we think of someone we should visit, and we actually really needed to visit them. Or our GPS has a little hiccup even though we typed in a totally different address, and we end up at a less actives house who hasn't been visited in a while. it has been super nice. It's super pleasant in Pleasanton. Sure people talk, we visited Sister Ghofranion, and I thought she was going to read the whole entire Book of Mormon outloud to me. But it is super pleasant. We have met some awesome people: Like William, and Vanessa, and Mariam to name a few. And I got to speak in Sacrament with President Davis (Second Counciler in the Mission Presidency who I am really close with because he helps me with my Visa stuff), and It ahs been super inspiring. I have learned so much.
 
We have this investigator named Matt, who is super awesome. He knows next to nothing about God, and he is a new investigator who wants to learn more. So if y'all could keep him in your prayers, it would be awesome:) I love you all!
 
Happy P-day!
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment