Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

Over all this week was a week of miracles. Every week on my mission
has been an amazing week :) so never think I am complaining bc I'm
not. I really forgot myself this week and worked. I worked so hard. I
talked to everyone. I was being obedient, at least striving to be, I
was bold. I stood up for what is right.

On Tuesday we were in charge of we were in charge of the elliptical.
We did a Book of Mormon street sweep. I met this girl named Rachel.
She's 19 and loved the bom and the idea that God talks to all of
children. I know she will listen to us :)

I also saw Mike. He's the guy who owns the pizza shop and I committed
to stop smoking for 6 days. He didn't :/ but I told Him about the
atonement and invited him to teach. He said one day. Haha but I will
invite him every time I see him. I know he will come one day :)

That night we had a lesson with Jessica. The lesson went well we
taught about the plan of salvation. I felt the spirit so strong. We
tried to commit her to come to church, but she wouldn't commit :/ I
get so sad! I just sometimes want to hit people and drag them by the
ear. Oh how God must feel sometimes. :)

Wednesday we had a hot chocolate sweep/game day. It went really well.
Everyone want free hot chocolate :)

Thursday was an amazing day we had mega zone conference. I feel so
blessed to be in the NYC south mission :) I love it here with my whole
heart. I love learning from my mission president! He is so amazing.

Friday we taught our first skype lesson. It was so cool! We taught
sister casperson's brother. How amazing is that? So amazing. I love
that we can use these tools! Over all I have been pretty good with it
too. I messed up the other night a bit :/ nothing big just talked to
y'all. Hah but it's a learning process! And all we can do is move
forward! And I'm excited that this will help me for the rest of my
life. Oh! Something exciting happened that night! We saw Liam neilson!
Is that his name? The guy off of taken? He is filming a new moving
right down the street from the church!

Saturday was good over all! We had another skype lesson. We taught the
jhackry family at their home, again I wanted to just yell how happy
this gospel will make them! Haha it's okay though, I can do my part by
teaching and bringing the spirit to them. That night though was rough.
For dumb reasons too. Haha it's okay :)

Sunday was amazing though. I love this branch so much! They are the
kindest people in the world. That night we had dinner with the Sanchez
family who is the new branch president. He is awesome! And we also
taught the Singh family. It is a part member family who is amazing.
They also don't go to church but I know we can get them back and I
know the dad will get baptized and that they will get to the temple :)

I am where God needs me to be. This is of my mission it's his and it's
not about me. I feel so bad that not having my visa had been so hard
for me, because it didn't need to be so hard. I might never meet the
people of Salvador Brazil whom I love very very much. And whom I have
prayed for for over a year. But I'm here in the coolest city in the
world. I'm in my New York City and I love it so much. I love my people
here! I love the sadness, how people give up so much to be here to
make sure their kids have good homes! I love how the saints struggle
here but strive to be good and give their all! God is everywhere here.
And I am humbled to know he trusts me here. NYC has my heart. And
through being here I am learning to give myself to God. And I love
that I am going through this. I will not lose faith that my visa will
come, but I will also have the faith not to get it. I know God has a
bigger plan. He has people here that I need to teach and one day I
will need the lessons I am learning here.

I love you all so much. I'm sorry I struggle sometimes. Have patience
with me and Learn from me and just trust God. :) haha I won't mention
my visa ever again. I'm just going to let go and trust :) New York
City is my mission. I was called as a missionary and I am serving as
one. Always remember that the rough nights sometimes make good
tomorrow's :)

No comments

Post a Comment