Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

I think thats how you spell my area. haha It is the desert though and my new best friends are sun screen and mosquito repelent. haha Flies too I guess they are literally everywhere.
But I love it here :)
 
Honestly everytime I walk down the street I think "Sister Powell... I dont think you are in america anymore..."
 
I LOVE my new companion. Her name is Sister Villaroman and she has had a hard transfer so she is way happy to have me! And I am way happy to have her as well. My portuguese is already improving so much.
 
I had an awesome week last week! I had christmas eve at a awesome families home! They are from uraguay which apparently is a super smart country. I never knew; They moved here to get better jobs because it is so competitive at there home. They had cookies! I miss cookies so so so much :) I love them more then words can describe. haha So it made christmas eve. We had permission to stay out until 12... Why I dont know. ha I have become such an old lady. I love me sleep. I treasure my sleep. So I was dead.
 
Christmas day I talked to you :) It made my day. I love you all so much! Thank you for supporting me.
 
The next day was a random day. We just walked and talked to people. And I packed my stuff for my new area.
 
We left bright and early and I got to meet my new comp! We ended up spending the day at the mission home. We were with an elder who had surgery and a sister who came in with me. It was fun. I had cerael and american lasgna :) I love president and sister hart so so much! They told us some awesome stories. Im grateful for the time I have been able to spend with them. That night we left for our new area. It was a 10 hour bus ride so it took all night.
 
My new area is so different. San Antonio was a lot richer. This one is super poor. But the people are so amazing. I entered my first home where I just wanted to cry and cry and take the children home with me though. I heard stories about homes like that but you just have to witness them to know. However the people who live there are so loving and I see God,s light shine through them so much!
 
I love all the people here. We have a Recent convert named Manual. He is so cute (hes super old) and a lady who cant hear so we have to write things to her! I like her the most because she doesnt know I cant speak :) Children here are my best friends! They love to help me learn and  dont judge that I cant speak. I love them so much. The easiest thing for me here is to love these people. I really do love them more then words can describe. Im excited for the day when I can really know them and love them.

Im sorry about yesterday! And that this isnt a long email. I dont have much time. Yesterday we went to the beach but everything that could go wrong went wrong. haha the car broke down. We were supposed to back by 3 but... nope! haha

I love you so much!

Have a wonderful day and happy new year!!!!

I know God lives. He weeps for us. He desires everyone of us to return to Him. 

Im happy to be here helping him.

Love you!
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment