Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

So... Im getting transfered :/ I kinda felt like I was but I am still so sad! hahaha I love my Jamaica so much. I love my ward. I love the how crazy it is here! I love everything about it. Its my home! Ive been here for 6 months. Im still excited though. Im excited to see Gods plan for me.
 
This week was good. We had a lot of miracles happen. On monday we had an awesome lesson with a girl named Kiya (the girl that I said hey too and she let us into her house) She beat us to the baptism invite! whoop! hahaha
 
On tuesday we had shoeshine. It was so cold! I never realized that New York was so cold! But its okay it made me talk to more people.
 
Wednesday was so awesome as well! We had an appt with a girl named Rekelle. She is going through a really hard time and used to meet with the Elders. But we taught her about the atonement and I had a prompting that we needed to sing a primary song to her. After she was just crying and crying. She said that she felt such at peace.
 
WE had am appt with a family this week! We met the little girl at a concert we did and she wanted to know more about the mormons so her mom invited us over. It was so awesome.
 
Sis Richardson (the relief society president) came out with us this week. She is so awesome! She is a return missionary and can teach so well. That night we ended up going on spilts. We went and looked up formers. We ended up finding a lot of people. THat night 2 less active youth that we are working with came to young womens! It made me so happy :)
 
On saturday we helped out with a party. It was with a bunch of people from the middle east who have never celebrated halloween. It was a bunch of fun :)
 
That night I found out I was being transfered. I could not sleep that whole night. My brain just kept on turning and turning. Im super excited but super nervous as well!
 
Sunday was good. I said my testimony and the ward was so sad! hahaha Half of the testimonies were about me. It was funny but made me feel good inside.
I love my jamaica :)
 
That night we went to farr rockaway as a mission. It is the area that got really effected by sandy. WE made the largest human chain in the world. It was awesome everyone knows who we are there :)
 
Im excited for my new adventure and the things that I will learn there.
 
I sure love you all!
The church is true. God lives and loves you :)
 
love sister powell

No comments

Post a Comment