Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Sydney

First Birthday without my twin Sister tomorrow!!! Weirrrrrrrrrd. haha.
 
I am soooooooo tired. My skin is TERRIVAL! Haha. Sister Palmer likes to sleep with the room supppper hot. We have a cat that lives with us, and I think my skin is just saying ENOUGH. I woke up one day and I just had the worst migrane and I puked all morning. So I am now taking allergy pills. Haha. But my poor skin is just broken out.
 
Enough with that rant. This week has been super strange. But it has been a week of small miracles here and there.
 
We went contacting the other day, and we met this super cool fifteen year old named Samantha, who was just sitting in the park by herself and we gave her a Book of Mormon, and asked if she was willing to learn more and she said yes. We were shocked because that hardly ever happens in Pleasanton, and we got her phone number. We texted her the other day, and she didn't reply. Que triste. But she texted back this morning! Yay!! She is such a cool teenager. There would be no way I would text back a couple of awkward Sister Missionaries. haha.
 
So pray that that goes somewhere!
 
We also fasted for rain Sunday because it hasn't rained for like 63 days, and when we started the fast it rained and it hasn't stopped raining since. My hair is super frizzy. A girl that we are teaching said I looked like a monster. Thank you little girl.
 
So cool thing happened, Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve came and spoke. I shook his hand. It was a really cool experience for him to bear his testimony about the Savior, and explain why we are sent to some places. I might have been assigned to labor in Brazil, and I might be there one day for a short time, but I really do need San Jose. I was thinking about this before he even came and said that: 1. I needed President Watkins 2. I needed the people 3. I needed this mission.
 
And who knows, I might need to be in Brazil for just a short amount of time, and I might be needed some other time in my future. It might not be now. Or I might be preparing for some other people here who might be called to serve in Brazil. Maybe Samantha will be! Who knows, there is a reason for everything.
 
But I can testify to you, that Apostles do live and bear witness to our Savior. He is a true Prophet of God.
 
We have been working with this Less Active man who we will call Brother Call. He LOVED his mission. He went to his mission in Spain, he was the Assistant to the President, and he can go and on about his mission. But for some reason, he had been less active, and we couldn't figure it out. Until last night, we asked what his weakness was, and it was the Word of Wisdom. He just said that for some reason he couldn't change, and how hard it was, and how it was the only thing keeping him from going to the temple with his wife. And he reminded me so much of two people that I know. And it made me sad, because his kids are so young. One of the people he reminds me of went on a mission and loved his mission and talks on and on about it, and he has young kids too. But he reminded me more of the other person, probably because of his heart and his hair:), and I just wanted to help him so bad. So I told him about a friend I have who served her mission and went home found the love of her life, and went to get married, and the person that wasn't there was her dad, because of the Word of Wisdom. And I told him to imagine himself in 18 years standing outside the Temple of the Lord, not being able to enter to see his daughter being married, because hecouldn't change. And I told him about another person, who was the vilest of sinners, who only took three days to change into one of the most righteous men in the world. BECAUSE of our Savior Jesus Christ. I kinda demanded him to change now so he wouldn't miss out on blessings that he would regret.
 
Through Jesus Christ WE can change into the most righteous of people. Jesus Christ died for us! I have seen the other person I thought of change into the best of people, and to someone I consider right up there with Alma in righteousness. He has now entered the temple of the Lord, and is a wonderful Priesthood holder, and a wonderful husband. The atonement works, and it might of taken an "angel" to change him and Alma, but it was a quick change when he decided to truly rely on the Savior. The other person I was thinking of that loved his mission, might still need to change. Make your three days shorter than missing out on the day that your family enters the temple and you can't. BE with your family in the celestial kingdom, it's your choice.
I know this church is true. I know it with all my heart. I love my mission. I love that past experiences I have had, was not just for me, but for the people that I have taught on the mission. My testimony has grown SO much. I love the Savior with all my heart, and I just want to serve him all my days.
 
I love y'all SO MUCH!
 
Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment