Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

I am the clumsiest person in the world lately. I am tripping over thin air! People in EPA know me for my fast speeds for connecting to variouis objects (por example: the ground). Satan has tried to get me with my emotions, fast speeding cars trying to play chicken with me (cough), and otro coisas. My spelling is terrible in every language, haha. Like I want to correct various up there, but I don't think I will. It makes me giggle.
 
Tuesday we had an awesome Christmas Devotional with the whole entire mission. The music there was beautiful! My friends Hermana Lindsay and Hermana Kofford did a lovely job singing (I realized that I knew everyone in the mission. I have been moved around so much. What can a girl do?)
 
No one was home on Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Friday, or Saturday, or Sunday, so our days were spent singing on the street, teaching our lovely homeless people, and knocking on members doors.
 
Wednesday was awesome. I woke up to presents! Thank you everyone that sent cards, and packages. Sister Funaki loved the Reeses. We went to this members home for breakfast who wanted to feed our whole Zone. We reanacted the Nativity Story with costumes and life size fake camels. It was so funny. I have a lot of pictures (I was the photographer). Later that day we went to dinner at another house that wanted to feed all of us too! Por yeah! So much food. My nine month food baby is getting pretty large.o
 
Soooooooooooooooo, story time that happened. Haha. I wasn't going to tell y'all, but it seriously made me so happy.
 
Christmas time was pretty stressful, we were going to dinner and this guy is down the street driving crazy! He's doing crazy donuts and then he comes right at our car. So, me driving 5 miles per hour, goes straight into this fence. Which was so dumb, becuase I was going so slow. So driver of car ignores all the stop signs and just drives away. I was so concerned with the car, that I totally forgot about the fence. So I do all the process, and I go through out my day (and call my family! best time ever). And then I go to bed, and I just lay there thinking: I forgot to tell the owner of the metal fence that I hit his fence). I stay up all night in a panic and praying super hard that the guy wounldn't be mad, and wouldn't use the church to pay for a new fence. Cause his fence was terrible to begin with. 
 
So we go to the house the next day, and I am just praying and praying. We knock on this door, and there is just this adorable South American family sitting inside (I think they are Brazilian). I am just like hearing the choirs of angles singing. Haha. I rush explain what happened, and then the man of the house walks out and observes the fence. He says: "Don't worry about the fence, we just appreciate your honesty. Let us know if you need help with anything." 
 
I never wanted to break mission rules so bad. I just wanted to hug that man. I have never felt so happy in my life. Prayer works! I wish you were all there for that moment, or that I could explain how strong the spirit was at that moment. I am going to stalk that house to see of they are Brazilian. Haha. They look and sound exactly like Arthur and Sister Meidados. See, everything happens for a reason! Even nice Children of God trying to scare servants of the Lord by playing chicken with them.
 
Don't freak out everyone about my little accident, everyone is fine and everything is being taken care of. And people are usually really nice here while driving, I think it was just the Holiday spirit.
 
I know the church is true! I love you all so much, and I am so happy to be on a mission. Everything happens for a reason:)
 
Some lyrics for some songs:

Lyrics

  1. 1. Savior, Redeemer of my soul,
    Whose mighty hand hath made me whole,
    Whose wondrous pow'r hath raised me up
    And filled with sweet my bitter cup!
    What tongue my gratitude can tell,
    O gracious God of Israel.
  2. 2. Never can I repay thee, Lord,
    But I can love thee. Thy pure word,
    Hath it not been my one delight,
    My joy by day, my dream by night?
    Then let my lips proclaim it still,
    And all my life reflect thy will.
  3. 3. O'errule mine acts to serve thine ends.
    Change frowning foes to smiling friends.
    Chasten my soul till I shall be
    In perfect harmony with thee.
    Make me more worthy of thy love,
    And fit me for the life above.
 
  1. 1. It may not be on the mountain height
    Or over the stormy sea,
    It may not be at the battle's front
    My Lord will have need of me.
    But if, by a still, small voice he calls
    To paths that I do not know,
    I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
    I'll go where you want me to go.
  2. (Chorus)
    I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
    Over mountain or plain or sea;
    I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
    I'll be what you want me to be.
  3. 2. Perhaps today there are loving words
    Which Jesus would have me speak;
    There may be now in the paths of sin
    Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
    O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
    Tho dark and rugged the way,
    My voice shall echo the message sweet:
    I'll say what you want me to say.
  4. 3. There's surely somewhere a lowly place
    In earth's harvest fields so wide
    Where I may labor through life's short day
    For Jesus, the Crucified.
    So trusting my all to thy tender care,
    And knowing thou lovest me,
    I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
    I'll be what you want me to be.
 
  1. 1. I feel my Savior's love
    In all the world around me.
    His Spirit warms my soul
    Through ev'rything I see.
  2. 2. I feel my Savior's love;
    Its gentleness enfolds me,
    And when I kneel to pray,
    My heart is filled with peace.
  3. 3. I feel my Savior's love
    And know that he will bless me.
    I offer him my heart;
    My shepherd he will be.
  4. 4. I'll share my Savior's love
    By serving others freely.
    In serving I am blessed.
    In giving I receive.
  5. Chorus
    He knows I will follow him,
    Give all my life to him.
    I feel my Savior's love,
    The love he freely gives me.
  6. 1. Lead, kindly Light, amid th'encircling gloom;
    Lead thou me on!
    The night is dark, and I am far from home;
    Lead thou me on!
    Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see
    The distant scene--one step enough for me.
  7. 2. I was not ever thus, nor pray'd that thou
    Shouldst lead me on.
    I loved to choose and see my path; but now,
    Lead thou me on!
    I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
    Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years.
  8. 3. So long thy pow'r hath blest me, sure it still
    Will lead me on
    O'er moor and fen, o'er crag and torrent, till
    The night is gone.
    And with the morn those angel faces smile,
    Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile!
 
 
 
 
Thanks again for my IPOD. I love it so much. I love music! And I am still the Primary's Piano Player. So thanks for making me play the piano too! Hahaha:)

No comments

Post a Comment