Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

Hello family! I am talking to you from my iPad. It's a cool thing
called the microphone. It's weird having an iPad but it's nice also!
everything is on the iPad Scriptures, our area book, our planner. Its
weird that I'm going to get used to having one of these and then I'm
in a have to go back to pen and paper. But I don't think I'm going to
mind at all. Haha because honestly it's cool but also hard. It's for
sure in someways teaching me self-control. I don't think its going to
be hard to go home and have a computer now just because Facebook is
really not that appealing anymore. I do like using Facebook though I
added some people from Salvador Brazil which is way cool because maybe
I'll meet them when I get there. I'm also talking to some less actives
and also to my members in Jamaica. So in that area it's way awesome
that I get to talk to so many people and use Facebook in order to talk
to my investigators. Also studying on the iPad is really nice. gospel
Library is the best invention ever. I recommend that everyone gets it.
You can study all the Scriptures, you can watch the Mormon messages,
you can watch the Bible videos, and watch general conference talks
from 1971. Way cool! And also it's nice to be able to update after
every lesson and it asks you ask you how the lesson went and also what
commitments you left your investigator. It updates right when you have
a member present. It pretty much does everything for you which is
super nice because sometimes it's super hard to come home and fill out
a piece of paper.

Enough about the iPads! this week was pretty good we saw a lot of
miracles. Actually a super amount of miracles. I emailed on Tuesday so
I'll start there. on Tuesday we went and got our iPads, which I guess
I'm talking about the iPad again, but it's okay! We had a cool guys
from Utah come and they explained it and they pretty much said that we
have to change the way that we do missionary work, that we have to
think outside the box. They said that Spencer W Kimball said that the
number of convert baptisms needed to increase by 50% and that was so
long ago and it still hasn't changed. so we're trying to pick it up
which hopefully will come with the new emphasis on hastening the work
through member referrals and members pretty much being side and side
with missionary work. It is super cool being a part of the new phase
of missionary work. I'm excited that I get tell my children one day
that I was there when the iPads first came! Yeah. Haha that night we
went to young woman's. I love our branch and are young woman president
Sister Sanchez she is so amazing and so good with the girls!

On Wednesday we had Game day. I talked to this man who was smoking and
I committed him to stop smoking for six days. Hopefully he does it! We
find out on Tuesday if he did. So that was cool!

On Thursday we had a lesson with Jessica. She has been meeting with
the missionaries for about two years now but wanted to start meeting
with us again. We taught her a little bit from the gospel of Jesus
Christ about having faith in Jesus Christ. And also exercising that
faith and making choices. She's way awesome and we love her and we
cannot wait to keep on working with her!

On Friday we taught Adalys. Sister Perez came with us! It was a good
lesson we taught her a little bit of the plan of salvation. She is
progressing. We are so excited to be able to serve her and teach her.
She is seriously the best and has the best personality ever! I cant
wait for you guys to meet her.

Saturday was a good day. We had a lesson but it fell through but we
found a less active family! And that Was cool. Yeah after we found
puppies!!!! There were a lot of puppies so that was good. I love them!

We had a thanksgiving party for Our branch. Lots of  people showed up!
Even Jessica our investigator. Yay! It was nice to meet a little bit
more of the branch and get to know them better.

Sunday was the best day of the week. Adalys came to church! She loved
it she got a little sick and have to leave but that's okay because we
called her and she wants to come back next week and was so curious. We
ended up getting a new branch president this week! Which is way good
because we were kind of in limbo with that. And his name is Brother
Sanchez. We taught the youth Sunday! It went well we talked about
spiritual self-reliance and had them write down the testimony that
they want to have then we committed them to read the book of Mormon
and pray over the testimony. The Senior couple ended up taking us out
to look for less actives. That was really nice of them! We found a lot
of women that haven't been to church in a while. And we also found a
family that night family and we're going to Team teach with the elders
because they have both young women and men, relief society, and
priesthood in the home. So over all it was a good day.

I love having open pools, I love opening areas, pretty much I love missions :)


Our week was so good!! I love being here so much and serving the
people here. I know this church is true! I know that God lives. He
speaks through me every day. I'm so grateful that my mission is the
New York, New York south Salvador Brazil mission :) this week I am
going to talk to everyone I see! I know miracles will happen.

Remember God loves you and I love you :)

Sister powell

No comments

Post a Comment