Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

Haha.

I seriously hate thanksgiving food now. Five dinners will ruin it forever. I have made a list of food that I love and that I now hate:

Hate List-
Turkey and Chicken
Mashed potatoes
Oreos
Cake (WHY!)
Swiss Rolls
Tongan Food
Mexican Food
Chinese Food
Bread :(
All food

Love-
Salad (when did that happen?)
Greek Yogurt
Chex Cereal
Fruit (why doesn't anyone just want to give me an apple for goodness sake?)


I have turned into my father. Hahaha.

This week started out really good. P-day was just awesome. I played volleyball like a polly. And I hit a child. I just am never playing volleyball again. We also went to J&J's with some young people in the ward. I love helping the youth out. I love making them go on mini-mission with us.

Tuesday was a good day. Everyone we  visited was home. We just walked down the street and got three lessons. It was a miracle. Everyone just loved us on Tuesday. Wednesday was super good. There is this really less active Tongan family named the Wolfgrams that everyone in the world knows about (apparantly I didn't know who they were till the beginning of the transfer. ahaha) and I just sat down in their garage while they were smoking and just retaught them parts of the restoration and about the atonement. They stopped smoking. It was such a good lesson though.

Okay. Thursday. WORST HOLIDAY IN THE WORLD. Every house we visited fed us. I wanted to just die. I did that night though. Our toilet will never be the same. You don't want to know what happened. I don't have to use laxatives for my stomach problem ever again though.

Thursday is a perfect day for missionaries though. Everyone is home. And they are all just so grateful for the gospel. Haha. Yay happy people.

Friday- I had thanksgiving food again. We went with the Samoan Sisters to a dinner. I have learned that I love teaching people. Sister Funaki is a good companion and has been making me take the lead on things. Like getting us lost in EPA on a bike because I don't know where anything is without a GPS, or teaching families, being the head in meetings. Either she is being a good companion or just being lazy. Haha. Nah. She is a good missionary:)

So that Friday night, we had to make a baptismal program for our Investigator Ano. We went everywhere and everywhere was closed and Tongan's don't know how use the computer, so we ran to our Ward Mission Leaders House to help him out. Haha. Setting up that printer took forever! I have never prayed so hard for a printer:)

Saturday was awesome! Ano was baptized. I was so happy for him. And his family was there and the ward just loves him now and wants to take him to church every Sunday. I was so happy for Sister Funaki and Sister Samples. They have waited a long time for that day. And it finally happened:)

We rode bikes on Saturday again, and I almost busted it soooo many times. My legs are so bruised. Haha. But I look so cute on that bike. And you get to talk with everyone when you are on a bike. Super funny to see peoples reactions when you start to ride right next to them on the side walk. Our ward mission leader is so concerned about us. He refuses for us to ridebikes in the dark, so he makes his daughter Vina drive us home.

Homeless people love Sister Funaki and me. We feed them all the time, and they are starting to give us free things that they probably stole. Like clocks and leis and other things. Haha. I think I have a pile of stolen goods in my apartment. All of them still have the tag on them. But those homeless people have our backs. They tell us what parts to avoid, if we are being followed. They are cool people.

Sunday was funny. I am never having children. Or I am just never going to work in the primary. NEVER.

I hope y'all had a good week. I love you all so much! I know the church is true. I am about to get to 3 Nephi 11:) I hope you are feeding the misisionaries!

Oh! And I met Kara Trammels (I don't know how to spell her last name:( Mom today. Everyone thinks I'm Alex. Hahaha.

I love y'all!

Love Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment