Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

So,
 
I have become well aquainted with nature this week.
 
Sister Funaki and I were driving down the road and we saw a squirrel just going on it's merry way. LOW AND BEHOLD!!!!! A hawk comes out of no where and lifts up the poor little squirrel. The little squirrels arms went straight out like wings as if he was saying: I'M FREE AT LAST!!! I'M FLYING!! LOOK AT  ME MA!!!" And then they went down like "Aw snap, I'm chip dip."
 
We were both in awe and shock.
 
Second experience:
 
Sister Funaki and I go visit Sister Moli. She is super sick and wouldn't let us in her house. We are about to leave when Sister Moli says: "Oh look out for the dog over there." Just like if she was describing lovely weather. So we just think it's the neighbors dog that likes to bark. So we both turn around to look at the dog, and it's right there.It's the biggest dog I have ever seen. Just standing right behind us, staring at us, we turn back and our member is just slowly closing her door. Haha. Turns out the dog was super nice.
 
Okay. I am super sick. Haha. I went to a misioaries setting apart dinner (and setting apart, IT WAS INFRONT OF EVERYONE!), and I ate an oyster and all these old Tongan people was so impressed with me that the kept giving me oyesters. Let's just say I ate every one on the table. Mehhhhhhh. Bad idea. But eat to impress and eat for referrals! Haha.
 
Speaking of referrals. I made a bunch of old men write some referrals on some papers like little children. It worked. Haha.
 
Oh and we went with a mini missionary this week named Vina who is super cute. Apparantly I am known in the ward as the "Obedient Missionary". I make everyone turn off their tv's, and radios, ,and I make every dinner an hour, and each visit gospel related. Haha. She kept saying to me: "Let me know if I'm being disobedient. She did good:) She is so ready to be a missionary. I am excited for her to turn in her papers.
 
Everytime we go with a Minni Missionary, we see miracles. We visited with this former Pisope who we had no idea existed. He had a stroke and barely can talk. We went into his home, and he looked at me and just started sobbing. I kept talking to him and describing my family. He just loved listening. Sister Funaki taught in Tongan (I bore testimony) and when she finished, we found out that they are related. It was awesome. He started sobbing and sobbing. Not alot of people come to visit him cause he can't really speak. So we are going to visit him more often.
 
I love being a missionary. There is nothing better. It's hard, it's tiring, but it's so rewarding. There is a part in the Book of Mormon that I love, Aaron is talking to the King about God, and the King says how do I know him? And Aaron tells him to pray. The King throws himself on his knees and says this beautiful prayer and a part of it is: "I would give away all my sins to know thee."
 
I would give up everything to know Him better. I have learned so much about my Savior and Heavenly Father here on the mission, but seriously, I have an infinite amount of knowledge that I need to learn about them. I love them, and I would give up anything: my dreams, my heart, my sins, my life, my all.
 
I won't to be like that King. I love my God and I trust Him. I am learning and learning and I thank Heavenly Father every day that I am here on a mission. He knows me and loves me. I love y'all too! Thank you for your support!
 
Love Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment