Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

Something I learned from Elder Hunter (blonde one) lol was how sacred area books are. He always gave the workshops. haha And I am so grateful for that. Seriously though they are. They have the names of God`s children. So when I came here of course I cleaned it, organized it, and looked at the names. So this week has been a week full of look ups and miracles :)
It started off a little funny. 1st it rained on monday night and it was insane! I got locked in our room. The wind shut the door on me. So sister villaroman had to kick the door open. It broke a little... oops. BUT it was so funny! After we didnt feel to good about going outside but we had an awesome FHE set up so we decided to venture out in the flooded streets. But we went a little ways and we knew we needed to turn around. LIGHTENING was everywhere. So we turned around and ran home. The next day there was trees everywhere. It was loco.
We had an awesome day! We taught antonio and wanda. The ones we found on the wonderful miracle  street. It turns out that hey have been taught before by missionaries. Wanda has read the whole book of mormon and antonio knows the church is true. That night we ended  up doing the FHE. We had it with Manuel and Ceceria. We played games and read the Family Proclamation to them. They arent married but I think it is something that will happen soon!
We taught the Bishops Mother in Law this week. She is a little old lady and catholic. :) I love old people. They are the hardest to change but the sweetest. She has a grandson on a mission right now. She loved having us over. She just cried and cried when we left bc she misses her grandson so much. It was so cute.
My ward is seriously the best. They are having a missionary contest right now. I dont really understand what it going on but whatever it is it is working. We have members giving us referels right and left. We have a awesome ward correlator. He is the old Stake President. He is amazing.
We have one street in our area that is pretty much all members. It is so fun! The kids love us. We played jump rope with them this week and taught the street all a lesson. Tonight we  are having a street FHE.
We had a miracle look up this week, We had 2 names so prayed which one to look up. We both thought sandra so we went. When we got there a girl walked out and she knew who we were. It turns out that she is the Granddaughter of wanda and antonio! So cool! So now we are teaching the whole family!
I talked a lot more this week but Im still way quiet. I can talk in lessons but when it comes to conversation... Im bad at it. Its been a little rough because I love talking to people and getting to know them But Im trying to be the best example of love that I can be.
I studied a lot this week. One thing I did was read my spiritul Journal. It was so cool. So many things I learned in the MTC and in NYC apply now. It really helped me to see that I can recieve inspiration. One thing I wrote was that "God will not let us fail if we are doing the best we can do." It is so true  I have seen that so much here. Even when I feel like I am failing and not being a good teacher God has made up the rest. I also read the bloody baptism. My invite to you this week is to read it :) It is so amazing.
I know the Church of Jesus Christ is true. I know that being a member is not easy. WE are supposed to be bent and torn. When we take the name of Jesus Christ on us we take a little bit of His life as well and His life was not easy. He wants us to be like Him. He wants us to learn and grow. Always remember when we have trials we accepted them in the life before this :)
The church is true. Be happy and know God loves you. Write in you Journal, Study everyday, and grow in the Gospel.
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment