Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Sydney

Can you believe Alex is leaving for Brazil today?! Oh my gosh! Haha. I am so happy and excited for you Alex! You go girl:)

Last night the converstation came: what we gave up when we came to the mission.

My roommates said: swearing, rated-r movies, and etc.

I had to think super hard what I gave up. And I tried to think what is different about me. And I think it has everything to do with anger. I gave up anger when I came on my mission. I get annoyed, I get frustrated, I get tired, but I don't get angry anymore. I don't yell or lash out at people. And a lot of times, the old Sister Powell if she were in my shoes, would have lashed out.

This week was super hard. My companion was super mean mean to me this week. She had nothing nice to say to me, and I had no idea what was going on. I just was patient. But it hurt, a lot. 

In order to get away from contention, we did a lot of splits with some mini-missionaries. It was super good. I went with this girl named Pasepa. It was so fun to take her out with me. It was fun to have someone so excited for missionary work. I saw miracles this week. 

We got so many numbers on the street. We passed out copies of the Book of Mormon, and we taught so many lessons. Members let me and Pasepa in and loved what the Spirit taught them, and we got referrals and members excited for missionary work.

But little paradise had to end, because my coompanions mini-missionary had to go home. But it was okay. Because I begged the Lord for His patience and love, and I felt it fill my heart. And we saw miracles again. We entered into a less active's home, Mele. And we taught her about the Atonement. It was awesome. I felt so strongly about the atonement because God blessed me with it this week. He blessed me with strength and reassurance, and he let me know that I had a purpose here in San Jose. And he answers prayers in his timing. I prayed so hard that my companion would get letters from her family. Something is going on at home, and that's why she is angry. And on Sunday (even though there is no post on Sunday) she got it. I was so happy. I love when people are blessed.

I love what the mission is doing to me. I have never been so happy in my life. I rejoice when others are happy. Nothing makes me happier.

I love you all so much! I just want y'all to know the church is true. The Atonement is so real. I love it so much.

Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment