Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

Well I just had the longest week of my mission. hahaha it was super amazing though! So many miracles and blessings.
 
I am now in Richmond Hill. My area covers some of queens, east new york, and brooklyn! And my companion and I are the first sisters in this area for 8 years. How crazy is that? I forgot how it is to come into literally nothing! No area book, no keys to our pad, no food, no map, no ward directory. Nothing. haha and our district is brand new! So no one really knows anything. It is okay though :) It makes it an adventure! They so once you open a pool you always open a pool so we shall see what there is more in store for me down the road!
 
My comp is Sister Casperson. We came in the same day and are both waiting for visa's. It makes me slightly nervous but its all good! God knows what He is doing :) She is so amazing and I feel so blessed to be her companion!
 
This week was super random. We literally were just trying to figure things out. Luckily our branch president met with us and gave us tons of info and a direction to go! Our branch is tiny apparently!
 
We had stake conference this week. We had a 70 come and the most amazing thing happened. He was talking about sisters and He came up and pointed at me and said "You sister have more power then you think. You can work miracles." it was so crazy and the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I have been slightly doubting my ability. But I know that with God I can really do all things. I am so grateful for that.
 
Something a little sad happened but it will be good. Our branch president was called to be on the 2nd councilor in the stake presidency. :/ But we will get a new one which will be awesome!
 
My area is beautiful. It is still city but there is grass and trees! And the trees are changing.  I love it :)
 
Love you all so much! Hope you are okay.
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment