Sunday, February 9, 2014

From Alex

Bom Dia Minha Família e Meu Amigos! Como Via? 
This week was a good week! Full of ups and downs, miracles, and of course moments of confusion. I am enjoying the journey :)
Let me tell something Pretalina is HOT. hahah I am getting quite the tanline, Im pretty sure I am going to beat mckenzie ;) Its funny to think that 6 weeks ago I was freezing.
I love my companion so much too! She is really helping.
My lang moments of the week:
So most people would not think this is funny and most would be sad. But honestly I think it is slightly funny. I can understand no one. People talk to me and Im pick up a few words but people here talk crazy. I can understand most of the missionaries. But apparently port in Bahia is quite different then most places. Its kinda a problem but the funny part is that I understand them when they are talking about me and they do all the time. I really dont know what to say when they do... I want to say try spending 8 months in NYC where you studied pretty much everything wrong, try being thrown into a new country/continent/hemisphere and try learning a lang/new mission/ and through a degree of culture shock? Yet I dont know how to say any of that. haha and even if I did im pretty sure that is not very christ like... haha But dont think Im complaining! Sis Villaroman and I laugh about it. haha
But sometimes it can be sad. This one time a girl named Sabrina who we were teaching asked what lang I just spoke after I bore my testimony to her :( Kinda a punch in the stomach. haha
But over all it is getting loads better. I am teaching a whole lot better which is helping me feel the spirit again which is helping with everything else. Have I ever told you guys how much I love to teach? I love it so much! I love teaching people and reminding them of the Plan of Salvation. I love teaching people about Joseph Smith and how he saw God and his son Jesus Christ. I love learning from God as I teach.
Ive been really working on following God`s promptings to speak this week.
1st story: I was on an exchange with sister Castro and we were going home when I saw this girl sitting on a curb. I had this thought to talk to her but for a moment I fought God´s will (i do that sometimes) and I kept on walking but then of course I felt guilty. haha and turned around and I saw she was crying. So I sat by her and rubbed her back and told her that God loves her and that she is His daughter. And then I asked if she would like me to pray for her. So I prayed with her on that curb and I really felt how much God loves her.
2nd story: We were walking and I saw a family sitting in there home. I love families. and again I thought stop and talk to them. And again i though no... I cant speak. But of course I spoke. haha And we ended up teaching the first lesson I felt the spirit so strong.

 I think the main thing I have l learned from this is that the Lord helps us so much more when you follow His promptings. It also remimded me of what President Calderwood said to me one time. I havent felt very successful these last couple weeks. But he told me when you are led by the spirit and you are always trying to be strictly obedient then you are a successful missionary. Even if I cant teach the way I could in NYC right now God will help me if I do my part and follow Him. Because I am His hands here in Brazil. I am so grateful for that. There is no way I could do this without Him.
I love my ward here so much! It is huge! and honeslty I forgot what wards with children is like. haha But I think Brazilian wards might be a little more craz. But I love how they love each other. I love the poeple here so much. I never want to lose that. I want to always be motivated by love. I pray everyday for that.
Over all it was an awesome week. This is quite possibly the hardest thing in every way I have ever done. But how grateful I am. I am so grateful for every part of my mission. One time in NYC I was told I was just being molded and let me tell you I feel like I must need a lot of molding. haha But it is all good. Im excited to see who I am after this. I love being a missionary. I hit my half way mark this week. I cant believe how fast it is going. Ive always wanted to be a missionary and I love it more then anything I have ever done. I love not thinking of myself and just thinking of others. I love being knocked down to the ground and I love loving and helping poeple. I love every part of a mission... welll besides maybe planning. haha (even that I am grateful for) I am forever changed and i know I will be forever changing because of my mission. I know that God lives. I am his witness. I am His hands. I know Jesus Christ died for us; I am just bearly coming to understand a little part of HIs atonement and sacrifice for us. How grateful I am for HIs sacrifice. I am so imperfect and weak but through him I know I am nothing without HIm. But through Him I know alll things are posslible. GOd loves you all so much.
Have faith in Him and faith in His love. Always remember you are His child. Accept his atonement and remember faith starts in the past but doesnt stay there. Faith is always pointed towards the future. The best is yet to be. :)
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment