Sunday, October 27, 2013

From Alex

Sorry about my last email. I was struggling thinking of something to write! haha This one will be better :) So we had a good weeek! A weird one for sure! It started with Tuesday. We had district meeting and then I emailed you. But after we emailed we went to elizabeths. She called us over and wanted us to talk to her daughter. Her daughter is really struggling. But I ended up talking to her and telling her we just wanted to be her friend. And she was really excited about that. But something happened. lol I accidently took elizabeths keys... She asked me to unlock her door I guess after I just put her keys in my bag out of habit. Totally an Alex thing to do. Normally this would be funny. and it was when I found them when we got home. BUT elizabeth is slightly parnoid.... So it ended up not being so good... Hopefully she will forget.
 
That night we had shoe shine. A lady was completely out of it. She didnt even have shoes on and she wanted her feet shined. She kept on looking at me. As we were leaving she asked to look at my mouth. She said YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER and then grabbed me and just hugged me and would not let go. I just patted her back and prayed that nothing would happen. But she did. It broke my heart though.
 
Wednesday I went to the temple for my 6 month mark. It was nice. I love the temple so much. Its amazing how wonderful you feel there. But after we walked out I felt the world. and it was kind of a shock for me. I had a hard time picking myself up.
 
Thursday we did service but I was Hermana Jensen.(the spanish sister) Because her comp was at the temple. We had a good day. We tried to find some spanish people but we couldnt find any. We had a good time :)
 
On friday I was in woodside. It was way needed. They have a balcony. I sat on it and did my studies. I MISS BEING OUTSIDE! hahaha I miss pondering. I was with Hermana Sanchez for sister exchanges. I now know what I am going to feel like when I go to brazil. haha I was in a spanish pool all day. I just sat there and smiled. I had no idea what in the world was going on. Everyone just kept on saying how cute and funny I was. Woodside is so nice. It is still in queens but it is right next to manhattan. SO that was cool!
Saturday we went and saw Isha and Raven. We showed them the last talk by pres uchtdorf in conference. it answered all of their questions! Hopefully she gets baptised soon.
 
Sunday was the best day by far! Church was good. We had a DA with an awesome family. The spanish ward had a family get baptised! And we sang at a different evengelical church! It was cool! That night we found a lady named sandra. 
Something I am working is prayer.
 
Here is a good quote
"First, you evaluate yourself. What am I? I am the circle. I am the hole in the doughnut. I would be nothing without the Lord. My breath, my brains, my hearing, my locomotion, my everything depends upon the Lord. That is the 1st step and then we pray, and we pray ofter and we will not get up from our knees until we have communticated. The line may be down; we nay have let it fall to pices, but I will not get up from my knees until I have established communication- if it takes all day long, you stay on your knees until your unhumbleness has dissipated, until you feel the humble spirit and realize, "I could die this minute if it were not for the Lord's good grace. I am dependent upon Him." Pres Kimball.
 
I sure love you guys so much.
 
sister powell

No comments

Post a Comment