Monday, June 9, 2014

From Alex

So Im being transfered down the road. haha Always. I will be in a trio.

Well what a week. hahaha I stayed inside and read a lot and studied. I finished the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price and made it pretty far in the Port. translation of the Book of Mormon. Pretty Much I have nothing to report about this week.

But I will share somethings I learned :) I read the Book of Job! What an example he is to us. He literally lost everything, everyone he loved, and everything he worked for, and guess what he was sad. But he never questioned God's love and His will. He learned and grew. And even thoughhis every action was chastised he knew what was right and he stood by his God. He was trusted by God to have trials and he really did endure. We can all learn from Job.

And Mormon and Moroni. How I love them. Both were surrounded by wickedness, both lost everything. And even though they were in a horrible situation the rose above and saw what they had and literally gave their lives to God and to save us. How grateful I am for them. I love the Book of Mormon. So many sacrificed so much so we could be led by God.

In doctrine in coventants we learn from Joseph to endure as well. While he was in hiding he wrote this "Now, what do we hear in the gospel which we have received? A voice of agladness! A voice of mercy from heaven; and a voice ofbtruth out of the earth; glad tidings for the dead; a voice of gladness for the living and the dead; glad tidings of great cjoy." He had every right to be sad and wonder why he was in his situation but he knew his God. And he gave everything for Him. Why? So that we could have joy! During this life and after.

God only wants us to be happy. He knows that trials are apart of it. He doesnt like to see us suffer and make mistakes. We see in the Pearl of Great Price that God weeps whe we fall. His our father and he loves us perfectly.

I know God and Jesus Christ love us so much. I am reading the BOM right now to know Jesus better. Every part literally points to Christ and His love. Everything Christ and God does is for our benefit so that we can have the same happiness that they have. I am so gratefull for the word of God. I am so grateful for our savior and a loving Father. We are so blessed. Continue on in faith and know you are loved and that I pray for each of you.

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment