Monday, June 9, 2014

From Alex

Oi Minha Familia! My week was good.WE had some miracles this week! I still cant work that much but Im giving God all that I can and that is what is important.

One miracle that is that I am starting to understand everything! Its the weirdest thing ever. haha Because I have no idea how I am. It is a cool miracle to witness. Now if I could just speak better! hahaha

Another miracle was monday night. We had an FHE with a part memeber family. We ended up getting a return appt with them on wednesday. So we went back and taught them the restoration. It was probably one of the most interesting lessons of my life. Somehow it went from the BOM, to cobras, to who knows what. haha But somehow the spirit was still there and we ended getting to teach them one more time. 

Can I just tell you how much I love the priesthood? I love it so much. On Friday we had a ZTM and one Elder in our zone ended up being the cousin of Elder Morgan (an elder from my MTC district) and I just knew that I could trust him to give me a blessing bc I trust Elder Morgan. So he did :) I know that the priesthood is real and it really works! 

We had a lesson this week where I felt the spirit so strong when we talked about the Book of Mormon. It was with one of our investigators. She is perfect. She loves the BOM and wants to have a life in the Gospel. She has some challenges to move past but I know that she will be baptized and we will help her!

We went to a wedding this week. Our ward mission leader (well now x ward mission leader) got married. Weddings here are HUGE! haha It was cool to see. But it made me so grateful that I have the opportunity one day to marry right in the temple and be sealed for all eternity :) Ive never realized how blessed I am.

I had the moment this week were I thought "I love Brazilians, I love Brazil". Ive always loved them but sometimes they can be a little difficult. haha But we were at a relief society activity and I just watched them and thought how much I love them. I really felt God's lovr for them and it made me so happy :) At church there is a lady who always sits alone and I sat by here and told her that I love her and how pretty her dress was and she just started to cry and hugged me. It made me feel like I am doing my purpose.

You guys it is so important to love! To really love people the way God loves His children. It is so important to take time and talk to people and really show them you care. When you do this you are so much happier and your trials are so much smaller. We are all God's children, and all of us are important. Always remember that. This church is true. God lives. He loves us and answers our prayers. Always be ready to be the answer to someones prayers. Follow all promptings that lead to do good. 

I love you all so much.

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment