Monday, June 9, 2014

From Alex

I dont think I have ever been so tired. haha I feel so OLD. But I like to feel tired :) So its all good.

My week was EVERYWHERE! It was good, it was stressful, and it was fun! My campanions name is Sister B. Sousa. She is from Sao Paulo and has almost 5 months in her mission. We have been "blinded in" or we are opening a new pool. Which I love. I love having literally nothing and see the miracles happen. It is stressful too. Especially when you have noooo idea where in the world anything is. haha we need a map real bad. But it has been fun to take charge, it pushes me to be  a little bit more bold and I feel less like a robot which is nice :) Also Sister Romney lives with me now! She was in my MTC district. We dont speak english together but its sometimes nice to speak one sentence when you really need too. haha 

Ive been talking to everyone! Its fun and miracles are happening because of it.

Here are our milagres :)

Bruno: Sister Varela and me worked together on tuesday. We ended up sitting and teaching a lady named Antonia. When a 17 year old walked up to us and said "I have a lot of friends in you church. I want to be baptized." haha well what can you say to that? Let us help you! He has a baptism date in 2 weeks.

Agusta: I love her. She is 92 years old! We sat down with her and taught her the plan of salvation. She said she always thought we would die and that there would be nothing else. I wanted to cry! Can you imagine living for 92 years without any hope! Im so glad that we can help her have hope for after this life!

Ana Claudi: Sister B. Sousa and I were walking to visit a former investigator when we got lost. haha for a long time.  But we encounted the mother of Ana Claudi. haha She basically called us devil worshipers but then her daughter walked up to us and said she was a member but hasnt gone to church in 20 years. So we are going to help´her!

Jose Fransisco: OH my. He is perfect! I think he is our biggest miracle! I fearlessed him and then had the impression that we needed to sit down and teach him the 1st lesson. So we sat down and taight him. WHn I asked Him if he remember any of the names of prophets. He named so many and then said, "We need a prophet today. I dont know why we dont have one." And then of course we do! And he was so excited! I know he will be baptized!

Maria Cristina: We thought that she was a former investigator but no! She was baptized and married in the church. She hasnt been to church in a while and has 9 children! We saw all of her pictures of her time when she was active. She looked so happy and full of life. Im excited for her to go back to that!

Those are some of our miracles :) We worked so hard this week and really followed the spirit. Im excited to help the wonderful people and talk to even more this week! I love helping God's children. I love his work. I love that I am growing and learning. Sometimes I dont feel successful but I always go back to PMG and really remember what success is. It is not numbers it is our intent and the change inside of us. I am different and I am still forever changing. I know God is happy with me which is all that matters :)

I love you all! Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment