Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Alex

Sometimes I have pride issues. It is true. We all know it. haha
My week started off with Pink Eye. For two weeks it really itched but I didnt say anything, bought some eye drops and kept on going. But then it spread to my other eye and I couldnt see too well. So I called Sister Hart and she told me to go to an eye doctor. But I didnt want to so she said to talk to the mission doctor and he said go to the eye doctor. haha So I did and HE was awesome! He spoke english. haha so I understood what was going on. As much as my port is improving I still have no idea about medical things. He told me I had pink eye and said to stay inside for 7 days! Well at first he said ten and I said no to that. So after I called my mission president and He comfirmed that was crazy and I decided it was fine just to work with sunglasses and touch no one. Good plan right? Nope not really; Well the next day I couldnt see very well and I tripped... lol I didnt say anything for 5 hours and I looked down and my ankle was HUGE! haha So I had to go to the hospital... again. And now I have a cast! Its not broken... But I have to stay inside for 15 days! Bottom line is when the 1st doctor says stay inside just do it. Its kinda funny and its been real humbling to let others help me. It makes me really sad not to be able to work but I am going to study real hard!
How did yall like general conference? I got to watch all but 1 session in English! It was beautiful. I loved every minute of it. I just sat there and thought the church is really true. We do have prophets. Everything said was something I needed to hear. I loved Elder Scotts talk. It is so true that we need to love. Christ Love changes everything. I have really prayed for Charity on my mission and for God's love for His children. It has helped in everyway. For example, there is a Sister in my ward who everyone talks horrible about and I have no idea why. She is so pretty! And one day I just told her that she is beautiful and she looked at me and hugged me and was filled with such light. That one word of love changed her a little. She is now my friend and we talk and she is gradually opening up to the other sisters in our ward. Love changes things. And she just needed to feel loved.
I really loved General conference. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. God loves us so much. Keep on remembering the lessons you learned and read the talks when you have time! I love what President Monson said. Keep on having faith and pray I dont go crazy ;)
Love you all!

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment