Monday, June 9, 2014

From Alex

What a week. This month has been a crazy month for me. Im back in Petro Oeste, my first area here in Petrolina. Im staying with the Sister training leaders here. I have been ordered not to work. haha and President knows the only way I wont is if Im with people who force me to stay inside. 

During the day I have to stay with members. One comes and stays with me in our house (we have permission) Her name is Pamela, shes 18 and preparing to go on a mission. I love her. Weve watched so any church films (thank you to sister hart who loaned them)

One evening I stayed at a members home. She is super old. It was an interesting experience. She is so FUNNY. The ward had a ward activity so I stayed with her. When her family left she said "Lets eat" (im pretty sure she has a special diet) and went to a secret stash and came out with SO many cracker cookies. Then she sat down and said "One day I ate 100 straight...hahahahahahaha I died laughing She made me eat a whole pack. And then when she stood up juice spilled alllll over me so I had to wear some of her clothes. They were huge on me. And then she went to sleep. The sisters came to pick me up at 9 but she wouldnt wake up and I was locked in the house. I spent 10 minutes trying everything. hahaha But she finally woke up and I was on my way.

Ive had a lot of time on my hands. I finished the bible and Im almost done with the BOM in Port. Its been quite the experience. I dont know why I am having this trial but I am going to trust God. Something I have learned is that God's way is the best. I know everything will work out. I just want to trust him and believe in Him. I know he loves me. I know I am His daughter and I will learn what he wants me to learn. He wants me to fulfill my purpose and He will provide a way for me to do so. This is all in His hands and Im just going to go with it. I find out what is wrong on thursday so I will tell you on  Sunday :) Yall keep me in your prayers! Prayer works and so does faith. Always remember it is in God we trust. I love you all and I am so thankful for this time in my life everypart of it :)

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment