Monday, June 9, 2014

From Sydney

So. Monday happened. It was a good P-day. We packed all of Sister Palmer's stuff, got priesthood blessings, and prepared to vamos to the mission office the next day. I was so nervous. I did not want Sister Palmer to leave AT all. And I was worried about Alex. So I prayed to Heavenly Fatherto help me understand what Alex was going through in Brazil. Yeah. That prayer was answered in the most funny way.
 
You know last week how I went on and on how I have had like 4 languages on my mission? Yeah. Make that five.
 
We went to the mission office, and we sat there. Sister Palmer was transferred before me. And I am waiting. And than I hear that I get Sister Yu as my new companion! I love Sister Yu. She is so awesome. She has such a strong testimony. She is amazingly awesome. And I knew her before. She was trained by one of my previous companions. She is from mainland China. She is from Zhe Jiang right next to Shang Hai. Her English is great, and she was baptized three years ago in Finland. I was so excited. President called her in his office with the other Chinese speaking missionaries, and for some reason, I just thought he meant her, and she would be helping out with Sister Yueng. And then he called my name in the office, and I was like what? So we are now helping two Chinese Branches. haha. Meh! So it's pretty interesting.
 
This week was awesome! Everyone- members, nonmembers, crazy Baptist Pastors, and children are just amazed that Sister Yu is from China. Everyone talks to us. They approach us. We have taught SO many lessons randomly, and it's been interesting.
 
I really love Sister Yu. I was going to write all this stuff. But, I can't honestly think right now! Haha.
 
Tuesday was fun. We saw Sophy Pel who has been a potential for a long time. Her mom just died so we gave her some Spaghetti. She loved it. She really opened up. We met Nean and Micheal at the door while we were waiting for our member to let us in. We taught the Plan of Salvation (she took a long time to come to the door. She is super old. haha). We visited with the Moffets. They loved Sister Yu (everyone does), and opened up. Sister Yu is just adorable and I don't know if she means to be, but she is really bold.
 
On Wednesday We met Mr. Sung, who approached us because of Sister Yu. He was just so interested that she was from Mainland China (I don't know how people can tell. It's weird). He found out we were Mormon, and just went off that we were going to Hell! And we were damned and damning everyone we teach. That the Bible saves souls and is Jesus. And it was so much like High School all over again. He wouldn't allow us to read fromt he Book of Mormon, so I just quoted it. haha. Oops.
 
We met Danny, who just thought Sister Yu was adorable, and then I walked up and it all stopped. He was like- not interested anymore. I was like finnnnnne. Ignore the girl from Louisiana. Haha. And than we tried to visit Sister Mccord but we visited with her nonmember husband instead. Super nice guy. I love their dog.
 
The next day we saw the Gulatis. It was fun. We just saw Sister Gulati and Mrs. Gulati. They love the missionaries and the always feed us tons of food.
 
I love leading an area. It's fun to introduce the new missionary. It's fun building them up. It is kinda weird, because it's the first time I have ever done this, and some times I'm like- aren't I cool? haha. But I love it. It's awesome. Sister Yu is awesome.
 
We went to the Mandarin branch yesturday in Dublin. I bore my testimony in Mandarin. I am so glad I have been in other programs where I am confused all the time. Mandarin is HARD. But it's fun.
 
I love y'all. I will write better next time! I love being a missionary. I love the Lord!
 
Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment