Monday, June 9, 2014

From Sydney

I can't breathe out of my nose or my mouth. I love California. I love the people, I love the trees, I love the "golden" hills, I love everything about California, but I will never learn to love the allergy part of California. Or I could have the flu. Everyone has the flu. Haha.
 
This week has been interesting. I have been very sleep deprived. Haha. Breathing is pretty important to sleeping.
 
My allergies started on Tuesday. We cleaned Sister Adkins home, and I walked outside, and I just couldn't breathe.It's been pretty interesting. I do a lot of reflecting when I am awake. Haha. I find that it really isn't good to do reflecting. I think a lot about the members. I think a lot about everyone in Pleasanton. And I think about Sister Yu, and then I think about my family. I think a lot about Alex out there in Brazil, not having the easiest time, and I pray a lot for her. And then I think a lot about me. Haha.
 
I think a lot about my mission. I have loved every bit of it. I start thinking of all my previous companions. I think about what they have taught me, and then I think I should probably send them a card. I think about my investigators, and I want to go back to my areas, and make sure the missionaries are treating them great. I think about stupid things I did. Things I could've been better at. How I could have loved more at the moment. And I want to go back. I wish the me that I am now had been there instead. 
 
Everytime I wake up this week, I am just so out of it. But I don't want to rest at all. I just want to make sure I talk to everyone. I want to make sure I teach as much as I can, help as many people as I can, so I can touch the people I needed to touch since I am here in San Jose for a purpose. I forget to eat lunch, and I forget to focus on myself, and I think I am gaining weight, but I just want to get as much as I can before I leave for home.
 
It's amazing what you can do.
 
This week Sister Yu and I found two new investigators. Qxio Mei and Caesar. Qxio Mei is so cute. She went to church Sunday, and loved it. We are taking her to the temple Friday. We had an easter egg hunt. And she thought it was so fun. She is in her thirties and from mainland China, and has never had an easter egg hunt before. She didn't even know the meaning of Easter!
 
Caeser is in love with Sister Yu. Haha. When we text him, he responds to just Sister Yu. Haha. He thanks God every day that he met her. *Bleh*
 
Speaking of, I had a strange week. I had jealousy issues come up. It was weird. It was only in Chinese lessons and dinners though. I just want to speak Chinese! haha I blame the lack of sleep. So right when I get jealous of Sister Yu, I fight back with complimenting her. When I pray, I praise her. I just go on and on to members how awesome she is. And everything I saw is true. I ame sure to serve her. I get over it pretty quickly thank goodness. Because I love her, and she is an amesome missionary and companion.
 
I pray a lot now. I am always praying to Heavenly Father. I love Him. I want to know His will all the time. And I am thankful that Sister Yu does too. The Lord loves her so much, and she is so acceptable to inspiration.
 
This week was a lot hard, but it was awesome.
 
I know the church is true! And I am so excited to talk to y'all. I love you guys so much!

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment