Monday, June 9, 2014

From Alex

Ive decided missions are exactly like life. In the beginning they are super slow. The days seem like years and gradually life gets faster and faster. Thats like a mission. haha I got the CALL. The call. The call that made me sad and cry like a baby. They bought my ticket home. I will be going home September 25th, which means most likely I will be in Louisiana Sept 26th. Ill be flying into New Orleans, so I expect the whole family to be there with balloons and all. I didnt like this call at all. It made me think about life. Which is never fun. But I have 4 MORE months to give :) So I am happy.

Oh and also I am being transfered. haha I know didnt I just get a new companion? An american got her visa and I will be training her here in brazil!!! AHHHHHHHH. hahahaha We will be so lost! But that is okay! BECAUSE! I am SOO SOOO EXCITED!! She already has 10 months in her mission and we served together in NYC! Her name is Sister Stone! How awesome is that?! WE can do little NYC things! Like lightening rounds and call contacts fearlesses, say the mission vision! and it will be all normal! We can be obedient! Exactly obedient! And miracles will happen. Im not even nervous because my port is horrible. Im so excited to help her here in Brazil. Im so excited she wont go through exactly what I went through. We are going to practice and practice, learn together, and have so much fun! I love her! I just hope she will be as excited as me. hahaha Oh Im going to Senhor do Bomfin.

But yeah... Im a little excited. Im sad to leave petrolina 1 though because so many miracles are happening here! But I know that this is part of the plan. I know I did my part here bc I love this area and that is how I know I served with God's spirit.

This week was good. I was a little tired but thats normal now. haha we called this week our "less active week." Bc we have encounted so many less actives. Tuesday I worked with Sister Olivera. She is one of the STLs and literally no one was at home but we did end up teaching Elizebete, the wife of Jose Fransisco :) We taught hert the firth lesson and she was really open to everything. 

The next day was a lot better. We met Eric a 19 year old less active. He is awesome. He reminds me a lot of my friends growing up. He knows the church is true he is just a little caught up in the world. I gave him the story of alma the younger to read. And I just know he will read it! That night we wanted to go see more less actives farther down in that area but someone stopped us and said that the area is sketchy so we turned around. And right in front of us was a man, so I fearlessed him and he said he had been taught before and wanted us to come back! That night I also got the call that I would be companions with Sister Stone! 

The next day I looked in our area book to see if I could find the record of the man who I fearlessed but I couldnt but I ended up finding a less active on his street, Jose Luiz. So we ended up going to visit him. He served a mission right after he was baptized but He fell off his bike and was hurt really bad. After that he was just sad and didnt want to go back to church. But he loved talking to us and we are going to work with him and help him come back! 

Next is Tiago, Hiago, and Marcelo, 3 brothers of the ages 18, 20, and 22. We passed by their house and we found out that they grandpa died that week. So we shared a short message about the plan of salvation and prayed with them. It was really a miracle to see. And it was such God's timing.

Over all it was a miracle week! I loved this week. I studied a lot about the Holy Ghost this week and a lot of miracles happened bc of it. Sometimes I have I forget about my bestfriend, the Holy Ghost. He is EVERYTHING! We have the oppurtunity to have a memeber of the God head with us every moment. He talks directly to God and he guides us, With him we really know Gods plan. He Should be our greatest desire and we should always strive to have him with us. Always pray to have him as your companion. He knows and sees things we do not see. Be grateful to have him!

I love you all so much! You are always in my prayers!

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment