Monday, June 9, 2014

From Alex

My 6 year old self would be dead. Its true she would be crying and wanting to go home. I eat ants... Everyday. haha OUR house is infested with them! ITS LOCO! They are all in our food. Ive gotten to the point thought when I see them I just go. Oh well and eat the food. hahaha I really am forever changed. So lately I have been reading in my journal from a year ago. It is so funny to see how different I am! For instance a year ago it was so hard for me to wake up at 6:30. Now I pop right out of bed exactly at 6:30, exercise for 30 min (well its a little pitful now bc of my foot) eat breakfast, and right at 8 I am studying. I go to bed when I am supposed too and try my best to get out of lunch in an hour. I talk to everyone! And its awesome :) I love being obedient. I love being a missionary. I love seeing that I have changed for the better.
This week was the week were I am glad for the miracles :) WE are still lost all the time. hahaha And everyone is rich here! SO no one sits out in front of their house because the all work and study. How weird is that right? But we are doing good :) WE are seeing miracle. We were placed here to help build up the ward again. We only have 40 people in sacrement every week. Our ward used to be a ward and a branch but tons of people went inactive so we have been asked to go through the list and find those that our already members and bring them back. So that is our focus. I feel like I am in NYC again! I love helping wards. Our bishop has had a lot of negative experiences with missionaries here so we are trying to build the trust back up and it is working :) It is awesome! He gave us tons of names to work with. I know we will help this ward.
I am having so much fun and working really hard. I am so tired that I am becoming clumsy again. haha Which isnt good. BUT im glad that I am working hard. We are working with the same people as last week. It was really sad that on sunday none of them came :/ I just sat there on sunday and wanted to cry. But I know that we will see progression and new investigators! We are doing our best and I know God will help us!

My port is really getting a long! Everyone is starting to comment on it! It is super fun :) Sister Romney and I taught at a school this week. Its a group of college age students who have been chosen to sing the AMerican national anthem! It was fun. Something I have learned here in brazil is that I am so proud to be an american! hahaha

Sorry this email is so random. It is my companions bday so I woke up at 5 to decorate and make her a cake. I get the award for best companion. hahaha
But really. I love being a missionary. I love it so so so so so much! I am so grateful for this experience.
I know that God lives. I know that He loves us. I feel that love everyday for everyone around me.
Yall are in my prayers. Always remember that.

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment