Monday, June 9, 2014

From Sydney

So, I am so sorry I didn't email last week. Last week was CRAZY. So much stuff. Poor Sister Yu was so stressed last week. And it was all because of a human being who thought our time was their time. I strongly dislike lessons over 20 minutes. Preferablly 10 minutes. You get to teach way more people, and you leave them with the Spirit. Sometimes I think people think the more they talk that the spirit will be there...falso. Haha. Nao verdade! You hit them with the spirit with a ten minute punch and it's awesome. You feel the spirit also.
 
The last week with Sister Yu was also awesome. So many miracles happened. We found Cecilia who contacted us to learn more. And she is still teaching her!
 
We came back on Saturday night, and we sat down. Sister Yu was upset about something, so we had a really good talk. And then the text came saying I was being transferred, so I just started to blab on and on and on and on and on, and quiz her on the area, and give her advice to be obedient always, and don't be afraid to talk, and keep our high goals. Poor thing, I must have overwhelmed her.
 
The day of Transfers was hard for me. Sister Fuimaono was leaving for home. So was Sister Medeiros. I couldn't believe they were going home. I sat there, and I waited for forever for my name to be called, and then I got transferred to the San Jose South Zone with the Dry Creek and Cherry Glen wards, and my companion is Sister Stegelmeier. She is 5'10 and a power house missionary. She is so great.
 
This week has been awesome. We are on bikes for half of the time. And we talk to SO much people. So many different people. It's amazing. The first time I got on a bike here, the seat was a little too high so I kept crashing. In to people. But it's an amazing contacting approach. Really gets people to stop and talk to you for a little bit. Haha.
 
The people here really love Sister Stegelmeier. I can see why. She is just so awesome. She is expressive and  makes everyone feel loved.
 
I don't get nervous any more. At all. I talk to people randomly. Going up to talk in Sacrament doesn't phase me. I don't know where my nerves went. Come back jack!
 
Sister Stegelmeier is really good at asking questions while we are talking to one another. She asked me the other day what I hped to gain from my mission. And I thought long and hard about it, and I don't want to gain any thing. I want everyone else, and especially my Heavenly Father to gain. I am just so happy being a missionary. I am never going home, unlike Alex, I have yet to recieve my departing date, while everyone else has. Haha. I win. Missionary for life!
 
I promise I will write more next time. I didn't write down my thoughts before I got here. But I love my new area. I was really sad to leave Pleasanton. I have loved all my areas and my companions. Something I really have gained on my mission was the ability to miss something and mourn for a loss. To truly love, and at the same time accept change. It has truly helped me love to the point where it hurts so much. Isn't missions great?
 
The church is true y'all. Know that! Miracles are everywhere!
 
Love,
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment