Monday, June 9, 2014

From Alex

Every single one of my photos I just lost. From the mtc on. yeah... My fault for not backing it up.  I am a little sad. But its okay :) Not the end of the world!!

we will find a way to get them back!


Anywayyy!! This week was good :)

Elder Hardisty once gave a workshop and during it he said that he was studying 12 week (a program designed to train new missionaries) to which we made fun of him (seeing as he wasnt training or being trained) but he said these words "A good missionary will study 12 week throughout their mission" To which I thought was crazy because I thought 12 week was so boring. And I will be honest and say i didnt take the advice. But I have been praying on how to know to improve and I read in my journal and saw that comment. So I started to study 12 week and did the survey in it. 12 week is the best thing ever. IT is so perfect. It teaches you how to improve andgives you things to study! It is amazing! I love it! Sorry Elder Hardisty we all doubted you.

But yeah this week was interesting but good. Monday night we took the bus ride to Salvador. A 10 hour bus ride O.o SOOO long. It was so hard to sleep on a bus too. But we picked up Sister B Sousa's new companion Sister Becker and spent the day with Pres and Sister Hart. It was fun! And then we took the bus right back. Not so fun. But we had permission to sleep the next day. SO we did :)

The next day we worked in VIla Moco a neighborhood here. We taught Jose Luiz, the less active who served a mission. We found out that he came home and started to drink again. But I told him that we would start small and that he would start and read the book of mormon. I always feel the spirit so strong with him. I know he will come back.

Then we went to Henrique Leite this neighborhood is super far away but we have an awesome family there.We taught them the plan of salvation. They loved it! I kept on asking their little girl questions and she responded perfectly! It was so awesome! I just know that they will get baptized.

Saturday was the best day ever! Sister Romney and I went to a school to sing the star spangled banner with a group of students. It was amazing. Schools here are so different. Everyone kept on coming up to me and touching my hair. haha and squeezing me and saying shes american! hahaha We made a lot of friends and got a lot of referals! Every class represented a different country and they all did something to represent that country. When it was our turn Sister Romney and I spoke. I spoke first and when I spoke everyone got quiet. I told them my testimony about God and how America represents that God wants us to have freedom of speech and to use it righteously. I felt the spirit so strong. After tons of people came up to us and asked if they could go to our church. It was an experience I will never forget. We also went to the most amazing resturant ever! It had the best beans and rice! And men walked around with meat and cut it on our plates! Way better then that resturant in utah!

Sunday was a little sad. None of our investigators showed up :/ I just want to see people progress. But I know I will! It was sad to say good bye to my ward too but Im excited for a new journey! Tonight I will take the bus ride to salvador alone and will pick up sister stone tomorrow!

I love you all! I know this church is Gods church! God wants us to be happy :)

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment