Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Sydney

I got frustrated with the most perfect person in the whole entire world last night. Sister Palmer and I have had an AWESOME week. And than we are driving home and she justs asks me a question why I did this while I was driving, and I snapped at her. I felt like a poop head. I am but a worm. Sister Palmer and I haven't been in an argument our whole time together for three months, and I just popped. I blame mother nature in her finest form. Haha.
 
But she is the nicest person you'll ever meet and is over it. Seriously. I didn't yell or anything, but I still felt like doodoo. Sister Palmer is an amazing Companion. Seriously awesome. Right up there with the Holy Ghost.
 
You know the funny thing, after not getting my Visa, people don't really believe me that I am happy as a plum to be here. They are happy that I am here, but they think its impossible for me to be happy.
 
To get people straight, I am so happy to be in the place that Heavenly Father put me. This decision was prayed over and inspired. I prayed over it, my mission president, and apostles of the Lord. And we all got the answer that I should be in California.
 
Sometimes, like this morning, I think: I had six months to be in Brazil, it could've been enough. Who needed me over there? Why?
 
But than I think: I have six months to help the Lord here. What I'm I going to do? Is it enough? Can't missions be extended? I want to be in California forever! I never want to leave. Who needs me here? Why?
 
I was once accused of giving Brazil my heart. Brazil for me was easy to love. I was blessed with automatically loving Brazil because I thought that was where I was meant to go, and I needed to love it. But I was blessed to come to California. And I have learned to love California with all my heart. The people, the land, the messed up politics, the missionaries, my companions, different ethnicity groups and their cultures, the Lord, my family, and myself. I have learned how to love something rather than being blessed to automatically love it. And it has hurt, and my heart has needed to heal over and over, but I have given my heart to the Lord, and He is the true healer. And it's been awesome. So in short, Brazil was easy to give up, because I have put everything in California, and I will continue to do so. I will work hard because that's what God wants me to do. And I trust Him, and I know Him. The Gospel is true no matter what, even if a girl from Lake Charles, Louisiana doesn't get her Visa. In fact, I think it makes it truer;)
 
This week was so fun. We talked to a lot of people! ALOT! Our Zone came up with a game where we can't contact people with Cards. And it has led to some wonderful things, not that I would ever tell my Zone Leaders. Nope.
 
We have met Terresa and Frank. I walked up to Frank and asked him what he was doing. He was smoking. And he liked us because we told him he had agency if he wanted to continue smoking in front of us. But we told him it was hurting our lungs and his. Haha. Than his wife walks out with Wine. And she said that if she were to join a church it would be the LDS church because Families are together Forever. And we taught them the restoration. And they want us to teach their five sons. Sister Palmer and I also bore our testimony about the Word of Wisdom, and Chasity. Which they loved for their children. Haha. But not them.
 
We have met Jake and Andrew. Skate Borders that don't smoke pot. But don't believe in God. We talked about dating and how it stinks and you should wait to date when you are sixteen anyway. Talked about how I am not twelve. And we talked about how God loves them.
 
We met a super smart drunk guy named Dean who wanted to be baptized. He loved how we were all Children of God, and were connected.
 
We met so many people. Sister Palmer and I worked really hard. And we have fun. We make missionary work fun. We love to help people, but I honestly think we help them more by loving what we are doing. Sister Palmer is a good friend. She has a super strong testimony. She has been through a lot. She has been through challenges that I pray I won't have to go through anytime soon. She has taught me to be a better teacher. She is patient, and she is fun. We laugh all the time. We are so awkward together. We talk about gospel related things, and others. I have learned that it is awesome to be friends with your companion. I am glad she wants to hang out after the mission. Hopefully she isn't just saying that. haha.
 
This week is going to be awesome. We are going to see miracles. Heavenly Father loves His children! The church is true and the book is blue:)
 
Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment