Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Sydney

First off. I love y'all. Second, thank you all for your emails. I wish I had to time to reply to every single one of them, but know that I appreciate them, and I take them to heart.
 
Second, Mother, could you order me a Young Woman Medallion, mine has disappeared, and I am now sad. Haha.
 
Third. This week was awesome.
 
You know, Missions are funny things.
 
I don't really understand them, but I don't want to go home. At all. And I have made the decision I won't. I will never get married, and in two years, I'll go on another one. And it will just be a repeat. I love being a missionary. I love feeling the spirit, and I love learning to recongize him. I love meeting new people. I love getting to love an area. And I love learning to know the Lord. I think everyone in the world should just be baptized and go on a mission. It's the best place to be.
 
Random. but true.
 
California is a place of very interesting people.
 
Last week, on Monday, a nice young fellow commented on how great my style was. Haha. Thanks President Watkins. And we continued to talk, and then he left but he was waiting for us outside. And we got to know about him a little bit more. His name is Josh and he is a drug dealer, and is completely solid and intrested in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Haha.
 
He has a lot to change about himself- profession, language, needs to move, but he is a keeper.
 
Okay. I am having the hardest time writing about my week. Important things to know, I am Lehi. One of our investigators is super awesome. she practices Hinduism and needs signs to believe, but she is also pregnant. And Sister Powell had a dream about her like a couple days ago. I had  a dream that she was trying to get in the temple, but she couldn't. But some how she got in so we followed her. And we go down into the basment of the temple, and there is five rooms and lots of paintings just hanging out. But we enter into one of those rooms, and there is Sister Gulati painting walls. And there is this little boy just sitting there fingerpainting. He was adorable, and I knew that was why she wanted to enter the temple, because he was there, and she wanted to be there with him.
 
So I woke up, and I knew she was having a boy. So we visit her, and I ask this random question, do you like painting? And she goes on and on about how she loves painting walls, and all her paintings are stored away because she doesn't want to hang them. And then she tells us she is finding out the gender of her baby the next day. And I was like what?? And then, guess what she is having!! A boy. Haha. Lehi!
 
But really, my week was great.
 
But I don't feel like writing about my week. Strange. Haha. I feel like writing about my feelings.
 
I love my Heavenly Father. I don't know if y'all realize how awesome He is, but He is. He is perfect. He is this amazing person that just love his children perfectally. Even though he has numberless, he loves us individually. He knows us. He wants to communicate with us. And we can through prayer. I have felt His answers. I have felt his hand. Some times there are loud, and other times they are hard to see or hear. But he answers.
 
And he blesses us infinately. "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven givegood things to them that ask him?"
 
Each breath we take is a gift from God. Each moment is for us. Mountains were made to be pleasing to our eyes. He gifts us with his most precious things: his children who he wants to become like him, our families.
 
Our families are for us. We were given our families so we could learn from each other and grow with each other. He gave us our families because he loves us. And our families aren't going to be perfect in this life, but he has given us the amazing gift to be with the forever. I love my family, and I am so grateful that we aren't perfect. I wouldn't be who I am today if we were.
 
And he blesses us with prophets. Amazing men who have the authority from God to talk with us. To lead and guide us. To provide us with the words that our Heavenly Father so desperatly needs us to hear. And he  has done it since the beginning of time. And he sent the Greatest Prophet on the Earth to us: His Son- who we declare to the ends of the earth to be our Savior. He walked on this Earth, and he came not to do His own will, but the will of the Father. He died for our sins. And he overcame physical death. He lives now so we can too overcome death, and live again. With our bodies.
 
This knowledge was restored to us after years of not knowing by a prophet called by Jesus Christ. His name was Joseph Smith. And we can know this by praying. And searching the scriptures. Isn't it amazing that a God, higher than we, wants to talk with us? Isn't it amazing that he answers? He LOVES us. And his plan for us is perfect. I am just amazed at it. And when I teach it, I feel the power of it's truth. It's true! And I just want to squeeze everyone and tell them it is. Accept it! It's real. But I can't, but the spirit can. Share what you know. Share what you love. God loves you! Share that. Because it's true. It's simple but powerful.
 
Well. I love y'all so much. And I just love the restoration of the gospel. I hope y'all have a great week!
 
Love Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment