Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Alex

Today I have a story to tell. It begins with an age change. October 2012, what a beautiful miracle :) For me and Syd it was a little stressful too. haha We had already started our papers and all we needed was our stake president interview. But everyone else after needed one too. I have no idea how in the world people completed their papers so fast. But we had an amazing bishop and he got us in :) And then we waited and waited and waited. If there is one thing I think Syd and I have learned is patience. For some reason Syds papers where just not going through and mine were staying in the spot that said "waiting to be assigned" Everyone was getting their calls and we were so jealous. haha but then we got the call that said Syds blood pressure was to high. THis was a miracle. Why you might ask? Bc through this we found out they assign twins missions at the same time. So we fixed the problem (thanks Elise) and then her papers went though and 2 weeks later the calls came. Mine was to Salvador Brazil and the other to Sao Paulo Brazil. We would leave April 3 from november. But this was the other miracle. Syd and I were needed at home. We needed to be with Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa. We needed to go to the temple in March. It was perfect timing. And then we were told we were going to wait some more in the Provo MTC. Which is another miracle :) We both needed out MTC districts, our comps, our teachers, and the spirit of the Provo MTC. And then we were told we were going to wait some more :) The biggest miracle of all. I would serve in NYC and Syd in San Jose California. I was in NYC for about 8 months and I loved every minute of it. It was hard at times but way worth it :) and then I learned that I have had my visa since March 20th, my whole entire mission. THis confused me for a bit bc everyone was telling me they were working on it. But now I know why I didnt go. Lets go back to twins being assigned at the same time. An apostle of the Lord read about us and sat and looked at our pictures. He looked at me and thought she needs to go to Brazil and He looked at Syd and though... She doesnt but for some reason she needs to be assigned there. He might have known more. But he knew Syd would never serve there. He knew her mission was the San Jose mission. But why assign her to brazil? Well for many reasons. She needed to leave in April (She would have left in Jan) She needed to be in limbo to have all her comps. She needed to learn patience, and to be a miracle to so many people. 1 of those people being me. The reason I didnt leave April 3rd to brazil was bc Syd didnt have her visa. They wanted us to go together. They kept on pushing my depature date back and back and back until they forgot about me. THis is the miracle because I needed NYC. I needed it so much. I needed Sister GOnzalez, I needed Bernice, Susie, the Grants, THe richardsons, All of Jamaica, my districts, my zone, Richmond Hill. I needed Sister Herrera, Sister Millett, Sister Nestor, Sister Casperson, Sister Magrath, Sister COhen, THe Calderwoods. (and hopefully some people needed me too. haha) I needed all the lessons I learned, every moment. I needed NYC before I needed to go to Brazil. But I would have never gone if Syd had never been assigned to brazil. Syds mission was always the San Jose Mission. God knew it, and Apostle knew it, and I know syd knew it. Syd is my angel (she will hate that I said that) But it is true. I know Syd volunteered for this trial in Heaven, even then she was sacrificing things for me. This was always apart of the plan. And how thankful I am for God's perfect ways. How silly are we not to trust Him. His ways are so perfect and I am so thankful for them.
My week was good. I saw Sister Mann (How I love her) Worked and loved :)
I know this is God's work.
I love you all.

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment