Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Alex

1 year agoa today I was set apart from the world to serve my God as a missionary :) 1 year ago tomorrow I said goodbye to Mom and Dad and then two days later entered the mission training center. How crazy is it that it has been a year? I want it to slow down a little. I love my mission! I can honestly say that I feel so diffrent then the girl that left a year ago. Of course Im still the same in a lot of ways but I feel diffrent. I can feel myself changing into God needs me to be. Im so excited to see what God has in store for me these next couple of months.
This week was so fast! I have no Idea where it went or what happened and my journal is not helping me. haha
But we had some funny moments this week. I love to run! Every morning! But this one morning I decided to use my alarm clock to time me. So I set it down and ran down the street. My comp was sitting in a chair watching me. When I turned around I saw a man on a bike looking at my alarm clock. I thought thats a little strange and then he saw me picked up and rode away! hahaha and all I could think was good luck to him its all in english and if its not important in twenty years its not important now. But its funny that me and my comp just watched him ride away. hahah I can miss my alarm clock but Im sure he needed it more then me. I just hope he figured it out. hahaha
We found a family (the parents arent really married) They are opening a resturant thing in a new neigberhood. They love me! Its awesome because they give me free food ;) haha but seriously I love them. They decided I will marry a brazilian and live here forever.... ha ha
Apparently Im gaining weight... I will stop that. haha But I found out from Brother Manuel. He said "Sister Powell you have gained weight. I have praying that you would. You are far to skinny. Tonight I will pray and thank God." hahaha I just said thank you and good job for praying. lol
I scared my comp and roommates half to death this week. I was sleeping when I felt the worst pain ever (My first charlie horse) I just started to scream. hahahaha and then they freaked out. I learned brazilians really are superstiteous. They started saying its a spirit! but sister filarchigaz figured it out and fixed my leg :) But it was funny that they thought i had an evil spirit.
The sisters had a baptism two weeks ago. Marcelo. HE cracks me up. But sister saneski and I found him smoking. I just grabbed his cigurate and threw it on the groung and then sister saneski stomped on it. And he just said thank you.

Really though this week was good. :) I was sad to hear about Potter. But I know we will see him again and right now He is with Sammy in doggy heaven :) I love being a missionary! I love funny moments. I am so grateful for this sacred time in my life. I am really going to give my all, everything I have to Heavenly Father and His children these next couple of weeks. Watch general conference! All the sessions! ANd pray I find a way to watch it in english! Love you all! Know that I am praying for you.
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment