Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Alex

This week is what we will call Alex's sick week.
It starts off with monday night. Sister Villaroman left and Sister Yslas and I were left to wait for our new comps who would arrive in 2 days. It started off good it was really the first time we have really ever talked and made me feel better about my port. But 1 in the morning hit and I just felt horrible, I was sick allllll night. It was a horrible experience... hahaha I wont go into details but the worst part was there were cockroackes all over the bathroom. It was dreadful. So the next day we stayed in
.
The next morning I woke up still a little sick but ready to conguer theday with my new comp (who is so funny and awesome) I ended up working with Sister Yslas. That night we decided to celebrate our new companionships with pizza!.... umm... can I just say bad idea?? that night I was so sick again. The next morning they found me asleep on the floor.

 So we stayed in again. At first I felt guilty (even if I was sick I hate staying in) but then I read about the best missionary ever (Alma) "And Alma atarried many days with Amulek before he began to preach unto the people." and I thought Im resting it up studying... So I didnt feel guilty after. haha But really there was no way I could have worked.

 That night we were sitting at the table when Sister Saneski touched my forehead and said "OH MY GOSH!!" Apparently I had a pretty high fever. So they made me call president and the next thing Im off to the Hospital. Can I just say I NEVER want to go back. Never... I did not like it one but. My doctor was nice though but they gave me 3 huge IVs! Everyone else had these little things. I dont think they wanted an american sick on their soil. The funny  thing is that all I could think of was Alias and that was night good. haha I ended up just having an infection of the stomach. But I ended up staying in the house all week except to go to church :/ But I have the best comp! I am so glad she was there. Im pretty sure I would have died without her. haha
I have been thinking a lot this week about my mission and why I am here. I can honestly say this transfer I want to give my whole heart and everything that I am. I am going to let God mold and shape me and I am going to trust Him. My thoughts are going to be focused outward. I want to be the perfect missionary by the time I leave my mission. I want to be able to say that I gave everything I could to my God and Savior. So I did an activity and I really thought why I am on a mission. And it has changed a lot since I started. My knowledge of the Atonement has grown a lot . I share the gospel and invite others to be baptized bc I want them to be able to fully use the Atonement of Jesus Christ. How blessed are we as members of the church, each day and week we get to use the atonement, repent, and really forsake sin, and this is through the priest hood authority and through the covenants we made at baprtsm and remake everytime we partake the sacrement worthily. And this is all possible because of the atonement of jesus christ and through His pwr and authority we will live with God again if we endure and repent. But our friends the people we pass everyday dont have the full affects of this gift! Jesus Christ suffered for them already, the only thing they have to do now is repent, be baptized, and accept and use this gift for the rest of their lives. Right now they can give up sin but it will always be there bc they dont have the full power of the Atonement, they dont have the priesthood power to help them. So our friends, the ones we love, our litterally living in their sins. How sad is that? Dont you want them to have the same cleansing feeling we have after repentence? Dont you want them to be able to use every part of the Atonement? It is only through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His church who holds this authority that they can. The atonement is really the only way and baptism is the gate to use it. I want everyone to feel the Saviors love, adn I will share it. I will give this people everything I am, bc I love them and I know the Savior loves them as well. Share the gospel this week because you love them. Help with the work of Salvation. I know that would make you father in Heaven so happy :)
Love Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment