Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Sydney

I feel like I just went on a hike.
 
We climbed up this mountain this morning (small mountian or big hill whatever these things are called here). It was super fun, but I feel like I burned a billion calories because I was TRAUMITIZED! Haha. I am still scared of heights. But I went.
 
This week was fun. As all weeks are. I just love Sister Palmer so much. She is an awesome companion. I have learned to appreciate being companions with someone who LOVES the gospel, and lives it.
 
On Sunday (of last), our Ward Mission Leader gave us the assignment of passing out the Wards Newsletter. We spent basically all week passing out letters to people: Who Aren't Interested, and DO NOT CONTACT. There are so many of those people in California. And some just don't answer the door, are nice because their child is in front of us, super nice and let us in and talk to us like we are Psycologist, or they slam the door on us. Or threaten us. haha.
 
But we saw some miracles.
 
There was this SUPER not interested lady that just let us in. She was old and her husband (who isn't a member- who apparantly wasn't so friendly to missionaries in the past) talked to us from the kitchen. We got to know her, and she really enjoyed our visit.
 
We met this nonmember named Scott while knocking on a door who told us to come back. It was fun. This week was like tracting. Which I am SO glad we don't do. haha. Sorry Alex! Stinks for you:)
 
I had a dream the other night. (I have been having a lot of dreams). I was waiting for my reassignment from San Jose. Funny right. And it was San Jose again! I woke up and I was so glad. I forgot it was a dream for a second. Haha. So if I turned in my mission papers again (the plan;)) I Hope I am assigned here again.
 
We also had a nice Chili cook off. We have an "investigator" who is a dry mormon. His wife has recently come back to church (for like the last 5 years). And she rbought along her whole family! And her husband isn't a member. But he is more active then her! He comes to church when people are sick in his family. He has a calling ini the ward. And he was a head of the Chili cookoff. It was awesome. You could tell how loved he felt. I love how the gospel IS for everyone. I just love telling this to people on the street who think they have to be mormon to come to church. Falso! The gospel is for everyone! Different ethnicities, political groups.
 
And there was an auction and someone bought a cake for me for a hundred bucks:) YAY! And he was a nonmember! Score.
 
I have to still tell a lot of people I am not getting my visa. It's annoying. Haha. But it has caused me to think and bear my testimony a lot about the love of Heavenly Father and the power of prayer. 
 
They keep saying: oh I'm sorry God didn't answer your prayers.
 
Actually He did. I have prayed for the last 11 months for Heavenly Father to send me where HE needed me. I haven't prayed specifically for my Visa that whole entire time. I prayed that I would be worthy to do God's will. And He answered my prayers- different than I expected don't get me wrong- but that's the brilliant thing. It wasn't what I expected. It was what He expected of me. And I have felt over and over while bearing my testimony about Heavenly Father's love that this is EXACTLY where I needed to be. I love being a missionary, and I turned in my papers prepared to serve any where. Heck! If I got my wish I would have served in China;) haha. But God is perfect, and so is His will. I love Him and I trust him.
 
I love y'all so much! Keep up the good work! 
 
Sister Powell 

No comments

Post a Comment