Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Sydney

Monday was the hike as previously said. And than dinner cancelled. Haha. Super sad. But we went to dinner with a recent convert named Charley. I love Charley. And we got to talk about how we recognize the spirit.
 
And we ate Pho. I have never eaten SO much Asian food in my life than here in California. It's awesome! I am exactly where my stomach likes to be. Haha.
 
Tuesday was also a good day. We went to visit the lovely Sister Adkins. She loves when we visit. I have learned the importance of making sure no one is forgotten. Especially adorable old people. and than we saw Sarika. her son Ricky was there, and immediatly when we walked into her home, an overwhelming sadness entered our hearts. Sister Palmer and I were just so sad for her. We wanted to help her. Because we just felt like she wasn't where she wanted to be. She showed us pictures of a younger her, and the younger her was happy, and vibrant. And she is empty now. And we felt Heavenly Father's saddness and desire for her to progress, and to get better.
 
And so we walked out of the appartment feeling really upset. Haha. And I just kept giving us a pep talk afterwards.
 
"We are going to just go out contact, and baptize the world! We going to invite everyone!"
 
And than we see our former investigator that we haven't seen in FOREVER. And we just stand there like creepers and wait for him to come out of the store. Just staring. And then we notice he is buying drugs soooo we flee. Haha. So we bumped into this Persian man named Abdul, and we have an appointment with him, and we invited him to be baptized. Yay to inviting everyone.
 
And than we have Wednesday where we have two dinners- one with the Moffats and one with our Bishop. And we are so full, and we have to go on exchanges with our STLs. And Thursday morning, I wake up and I have food poisioning, and I am still in Pleasanton with Hermana Bair, and Sister Palmer is in Livermore. And i have interviews with President Watkins that day (and if he reads these things: hi!), and I have to teach Sister Watkins, and I have to lead my area, and yeah. I am sick. But it turned out fine. I had a good interview with President Watkins about my future  (mission and life). I have gotten kinda emotional as a Sister missionary. I just cry over everything, and I want to hug everyone. Haha. Thank goodness I did neither in the interview. But I love the Watkins so much. I needed them. I am sad they are going home soon.
 
But the day went good. We visited Brother Wolters and only his friend was there. I was excited because he loves to visit with us, and his face got so happy when we told him we were just going to be visiting with him. And we went to go get chairs, and I told Hermana Bair that this is awesome because he is a nonmember and he can't run! So we walk in and the nurses are taking him out of the room. Haha. His poor sad face. But we got to talk to a lot of people. The only bad thing was that I just forgot to feed Hermana Bair. Felt terrible. Haha. But there isn't time to eat! Souls need to be found!
 
The next morning, I accidently volunteered all of my district to teach Seminary, I was in a sick state when the Seminary Sub called, and we went and we talked about the scriptures and why we were on a mission. And I have an awesome district I must say. Awesome missionaries with amazing testimonies.
 
Saturday was service day. We sang karayokee to some old people: Richard, Shirley, and Martha. It is so fun. I love going there. And we went to the American Cancer Society.
 
Sunday was a busy day. We went to our usual 8 hours of church. We taught primary, adn we needed some older girls to be in there with us and our potential investigator was in there! Her name is Sammy and she is so cool! we than taught Zoe about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And than we had dinner with the Prices. And than we stopped at a potential investigator house we always stop at and her dad always answers the door. We told ourselves if he answers again, we are just never going back. It's not meant to be. And than Ashley answered! And it was awesome! She is so cool. Everyone is so cool when they want to listen to what we are saying. haha.
 
So we were on a contacting high. I taught a lesson to Pleasanton's do not contact guy named Art. And than we are walking down the street and I offer a picture of Jesus Christ to this man, and I continue the conversation. I ask what religion he is: Catholic. What his relationship with Jesus Christ is: loves the Bible. Where he is from: Brazil. Hold up. haha. So he is going to teach me Portuguese. His name is Alex. And he isn't interested in the gospel because he is Catholic but he does want to teach me. So yay! And the whole interested thing will change pretty soon.
 
This week was super good. I love my area. I love California. And I love my mission. I told President Watkins that I am ready for anything- and I am. I love putting my trust in the Lord, and just making the best of what I get. And he has never put my in a horrible situation. Heavenly Father is perfect isn't he. I love him. And I love y'all. The church is true!
 
Love
Sister Powell in California

No comments

Post a Comment