Thursday, April 10, 2014

From Sydney

So this week was fun. Haha.
 
P-day was fun. Sister Palmer and I just played phase 10 with the Elders in our Zone. I LOVE Phase 10. I won! I was like HA! Beat that everyone! Family Reunions to the max training.
 
I'm still a sore winner. Haha.
 
And then (is that right Dad? ;)), we went to the Masons for dinner. Brother Mason is what we call a "dry mormon" and completely awesome. I love his family so much. Sister Mason wears the cutest clothes. Their kids are ADORABLE. I like capping things lately. Cody is there son and is adorable. My dream is for him to sing at his dad's baptism. He is so funny. Sister Palmer asked him what his favorite holiday was, and he said: "Christmas, no Halloween (his dad prompted that one), no Valentines Day."
 
Sister Mason asked him why, and he was like:
 
"Because it's special to me." His poor dad did an eyeroll while we the women were all: awwwww.
 
Ruby, their daughter, was just destroying her cinnamon roll. It was funny. You probably had to be there.
 
Our dinners all got the flu and cancelled on us this week. But it was made up during conference weekend where we were fed breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Meh!
 
Tuesday was fun. I can't remember what we did because I left my journal, but it was a great day. A rainy day. It's coming back! This less active woman would not let us into her home: 1- because she was tired 2- because it was raining 3- she had work 4- she had to finish her taxes 5- she just wasn't in the mood.
 
I like getting out of people why they don't like to visit with us. Haha. We'll be back when tax season is done.
 
Thursday we went to the temple. I loved it. Sister Florio took us. She is the greatest. I love her. We saw a lot of missionaries there. And I realized that I have served in a lot of wards. I knew all the temple workers. Haha. I just can't remember for the life of me what ward they are in.
 
The rest of that day was kinda miserable. Everyone cancelled on us. We walked around the town, and no one was out. Spring Break is the worst. Everyone flees.
 
Conference really was great. I loved President Packers testimony. I loved Elder Scott talking about his Grandma and wife. I loved President Monson bearing his testimony about Heavenly Father. And I loved President Uchdorfs talk about Gratitude. And I realized I have been out a year! I am so glad I'm not counting...because I'm never going home! Missionary for EVA!
 
Seriously though, I love being a missionary. Especially where I  can learn to just trust the Lord. I love that He is letting me figure stuff out on my own lately. Usually it bugs me, but He is helping me understand His language better. And He does answer. I like to reflect back on how he used to answer me before my mission, and He was very forward. I felt like everything was just placed on my lap. Immediate blessings. But on my mission, he has been placing trials and tests infront of me that really is helping me grow. This past year has been amazing, and I would never change one part of it. I have no regrets, I am only filled with gratitude. Thank you for everyone supporting me! I love y'all. This week is when we find out about Transfers! So next time you'll find out.

No comments

Post a Comment