Sunday, October 27, 2013

From Sydney

I am a horrible person sometimes.
Sister Funaki likes to drift off sometimes when we are praying or studying together. So when she does I just make my prayers like fifteen minutes long. I pray for anyone and everyone. And when I am saying what I learned during personal study I say the most randomest things: "Did you know that King David was an Alien and had the power to apparate! Harry Potter is real and is taking over the world! OMG Duck!"
And she doesn't react. It's so funny.
Okay, after that confession, a Jehovah's Witness man decided to contact us because I looked like a dead girlfriend he had in South America. Oh! And I am engaged now! Thanks Mom for the pearl ring. Man, men here are creeeeeeeeepyyyyyyy!
"Can I be your suger daddy?"
"No. Call the Elders."
Haha. Little toots.
Tongans are soooo nice and so giving! There is this lady named Sister Wolfgram who we were supposed to go to lunch with but she couldn't, and she just hands us 100 bucks! I don't know where they get it.
Tuesday was so fun. We had to go fix the radio on our car and they were so awesome. They treated us like royalty. They made us top priority so we could go back to work quickly. And they gave us chocolate. I love chocolate. And then we said goodbye to the Crawfords:( Elder Crawford was the one who picked me up from the airport. He is awesome and so is Sister Crawford.
And then we drove around, looking for people to teach. It was fun.
We had Zone Training Meeting last week too. My new Zone I am in is super fun and cute.
This week we also had a lesson with this woman named Sina and her irma. Her Irma was super interested. And I got to bear my testimony about the Bible and of course the Book of Mormon and how awesome they work together. I am grateful that I took the time before my mission to study the Bible. I love the Bible so much. It's true and so is the Book of Mormon. They both bring us closer to Christ. Have y'all ever read the introduction to the Bible and the Book of Mormon? Well if you haven't, you should:) And I am giving you an awesome opportunity to read it right now:)
Sister Funaki and I have been lessoning EVERYONE we come in contact with. And we have been inviting everyone to be baptized. And we have been giving out so many Book of Mormons, and we have fed so much homeless people (Thank you Tongan Program). It's cool how receptive people actually are. They listen, they may not want a Book of Mormon or to be baptized, but they like that we took the opportunity to get to know them and talk with them. People are just lonely, and they feel the Saviors love when someone just takes the opportunity to talk with them. And they love when you pray with them. The spirit is there, and it's cool when you get inspiration to ask everyday questions. I think if everyone just took the opportunity to just talk to at least one random person on the street everyday, no one would be lonely.
We went to this Relief Society Stake Fireside, and most of them were men. It was sooo funny. ANd then they all stood up to sing and there was only like three women (including the missionaries sitting down in the crowd. But they had good food.
So I think my taste buds are going wack. Haha. At the Relief Society thing they gave us Egg Sandwiches and I ate for breakfast: egg sandwiches and nutella. If felt so sick afterwards. And I was invited to Poly Day for Missionaries. So funny, all they did was play vollyball.
So that was my week! The church is true! God love you:) I love y'all too!
Love Sister Powell the Fourth.

No comments

Post a Comment