Sunday, October 27, 2013

From Sydney

My dear family and friends,
 
Let me take you to Tuesday-transfers day, a place I never thought I would see again. A place full of scared, weeping, and trembling servants of the Lord, and one extremely stressed Mission President. Its havock and not really that fun.
 
I walk in, as usual, and I see everyone I know (which is everyone when you have been in 5 different areas). Everyone wants to take a picture with me (I'm pop-u-lar! Actually that's a lie, I ask to take a picture with everyone and they are like "who is this crazy haired Sister?).
 
And I sit down next to my three companions, and I wait. And wait for my named to be called. Everyone is going up, the Sisters hug each other, the Elders do their awkward slap hug thing they do. Its too mushy. And then I get called and they say I am with Sister Funaki of the Pen Fifth Ward, and I am so confused. Cause I am like: Tongan? That's a Tongan sister. So I swear he didn't call my name. I stand up and just go in circles looking for my companion, and everyone just laughs at me. President makes his Pilot Program joke again. I don't like to remind him that he made that joke 4 areas ago.
 
So I find Sister Funaki in the front and I sit with her. And we wait for the end, and then they have to annouce their "Special Assignments". And Then they say my name: We are working with all the Polynesions. We are covering 7 wards. Yay! Ah. And then I hear my name again, and I learn that I have to drive. In California. In San Jose. On the interstate. For the first time in like 4 years. And I about pee in my pants. And I find out that I am living in my same apartment from before that is really tiny and birds poo on the car. I was so thrilled. Ha! I love my roommates: Sister Hall (companion 1) and Sister Raney. They are awesome.
 
Sister Funaki is so funny. Since we were trying to figure out what to do, we went to visit our Tongan Ward a lot. And Tongans are so funny. At first they did not like me. At all. But then I ate their food (every last bit) and then they loved me. I found out that that was probably a mistake because I HAVE EATEN SOOOOO MUCH! I am going on a diet. Meh.
 
Church was so funny. It was all in Tongan. Tongan is a fun language that makes no sense whatsoever. I am trying my hardest though. I can say a couple phrases:)
 
I am excited to work with 7 wards. We have to go to their Ward Councils, meet with their Ward Mission Leaders, and go to their Sacraments. And we get to visit like every member to try to get referels for any Polynesion. Its so cool.
 
This week was super good. I ate a dinner where a fish was looking right at me. It was good. The eyeballs we squishy;)
 
Everyone in the Tongan Ward is super friendly. There is a Tongan man named Frank Powell. We related to him?
 
I love y'all so much! Hopefully next time I have more to write to y'all. Not much happened except that I drive slower than an Asian Grandma, and I have gained twenty pounds, and I am learning Tongan. The Church is true!!!
 
Tau Toki Sio!
 
 


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments

Post a Comment