Sunday, October 27, 2013

From Alex

We have a guy that raps about us everytime we pass by and that is what he says. haha
 
I love it here :) I love everything about New York City. I love that you can see God everywhere you go. There is so much proof that He lives! I see His hand in everything I do here. I love it.
 
We had an awesome week. I have been working on being extra obedient this transfer. So I have seen so many miracles! My only complaint is that I wish I never had to eat or sleep. It would make the work so much easier.
 
The thing about New York that I will never understand is how they set the city up. We very frequently get lost because the road system does not make sense. But that is okay because we always meet awesome people on the way! We went and tried to find a girl named Kiki, but we ended up not being able to find her. Yet we found this super awesome family! So it was all worth it :)
 
I finished the Book of Mormon again. I love it so much. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that it proves that He lives and that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. This time reading I am going to really disect it and go through the cross references. I have already learned so much doing that in this short amount of time.
 
We have been trying to find a lady named Larrisa Henderson. She was baptized a couple years ago but she was never confirmed so she needs to get baptized again. However, we can never get a hold of her. On the way to her though we met some awesome poeple who gave us their infos. We are doing fearless 10's. We have to talk to 10 people a day and invite them to church while sharing a short message with them. We have seen so many cool things by doing this.
 
I love my new district! They are seriously the best group of elders around. (random side note... Sorry this email is all over I am going through my journal. lol)
 
Saturday was an awesome day!! We had correlation and then I went on splits with the YSA Sisters. We went and did service at a 94 year old ladies home. Sister Millet and one of the YSA sisters taught a lesson to a younger girl. I loved the 94 year old named mary! She was so cool. She has an awesome story. She lived during World war Two and all the cool things after. I loved her!
 
That night we went to the General relief society broadcast. We took the subway to woodside. We met a guy from columbia on the way, He was cool. He wasnt really searching but he has a lot of friends that are mormon So maybe something will happen.
 
I loved the broadcast. President Monson spoke he said to just trust in the Lord. He knows the beginning from the end. So trust in His will.
 
I know that God has such an amazing plan for us. He knows what we need so that we can become who He and we wanted to be :)
I sure love you all.
 
Keep you eyes faced towards the future and remember that the best is yet to be :)
 
Sister Powell
 
ps. Elaine! A letter is on the way. :)

No comments

Post a Comment