Sunday, October 27, 2013

From Alex

HELLO Family!! Sorry for the wait!! I had president interviews and then the next day we had mega zone conference!! WHOOP!! I can officially get on facebook. But I havent had the chance ye, the rules are super strict! BUT now I can teach anyone in the world through skype its super cool! So if you have any friends let me know on facebook :) I can teach them!
 
This week was quite the week. I love being a missionary :) But I was pretty sick this week... SO that stunk. haha But everyone gets sick. So thats okay!
 
We have been seeing so many miracles here in New York! I love being apart of it. I have seen the work here grow and the culture change. I love being here in Jamaica.
 
Funny story 1: a couple weeks ago we recieved a call from a lady who we thought was a member who we had a DA with. We told her we would be there and then we went. The whole time we thought we went to the right appt. BUT we called this lady thinking it was the member and she said that we missed her appt... OOPS! Wrong person! So we went to this ladies home thinking that it was a less active so the whole time we talked to her like she was. Yet when we left we figured out she wasnt a member at all! hahahaha
 
On tuesday we went a gave a bible to a super old lady named Elaine. She was a sweety. I love her :) Her daughter died a couple months ago :/ super sad. But she knows that through christ she can make it through this. That same day we had the coolest thing ever happen!!!! WE FOUND THE PROMISE LAND IN JAMAICA! It had nice people, pariotts! Reese Sticks! Everything! I loved it so much!
 
We have a new investigatore/former! Her name is Isha and she is soooo amazing! I love her so much! We talked about conference with her. After though I got super sick. Almost like asthma. I couldnt breathe. It was so weird because it has never happened to me before.
 
But the next day was general conference!! WHOOO!! I have a new found love for fearlessing. We have 5 new investigators because I invited people days before to hear the prophets voice! And they came! No one I have ever fearlessed has come to church before. It is so important to talk!
 
Conference was amazing. It was just what I needed. I loved two quotes "It doesnt matter where you serve, but how you serve." and also doubt your doubts before you doubt your fears :) SO perfect!!! These men and women really are called of God!
 
Cool story. We were walking home when I saw a lady sitting with a baby. I was just going to keep walking but then I was like why not? So I walked to here door and we ended up teaching her! She says shes never let anyone into her door before but she was just like why not also? haha Her name is Kiya.
 
We had president inverviews this week. I love president calderwood :) He is so amazing. He told me some grat advice. He said to Judge how God sees a successful missionary and not how we do. He made me read preach my gospel. It made me feel better :)
 
The next day we had zone conference about facebook. I saw Sister Sandberg!!!!!! YAYYYY!! Her little trainee is going to our mission as well! Sister Sandberg is from California where Syd is serving! I love that we are still here together. haha
 
I had another asthma attack thing in the middle of the mega zone conference. Can you say embarrassing? all the elders where like Sister Powell cant breathe!!! hahahah But I have it all figured out so dont you worry family! I have some acid problem thing... So acid has been in my wind pipe and it is making me feel like I am choking. Sounds nasty. hahahaha
 
But I love you all!! Ill see you on facebook this week!
OHHHH!! I got an email from President Hart! My mission president in Brazil :) He sent me the news letter! AND ALSO! They are doing a mission wide fast with the members and the missionaries for us visa waiters! So cool! Im going to join them and so is my zone!!
 
I know miracles will happen because of this. :)
 
Love you tons!

No comments

Post a Comment