Sunday, October 27, 2013

From Sydney

I see dead people. Haha.
 
The other night, somehow I was almost falling asleep on my back, and I see someone crawl up the ladder of my bed. And I just freeze, and the person just like sits on the end of my bed and they start floating and hovering over me, I lift up my hand and IT GOES RIGHT THROUGH IT. And then I scream. Haha. And then I wake up completely. I hate being half asleep and dreaming like that. Or I'm just Latino. I swear, I'm not going crazy. But I might be stressed. Woowhoo!
 
So, other than having six senses, I have had a pretty interesting week. My companion has been extra grumpy, BECAUSE she has seriously been on her period for THREE WEEKS straight. I don't know about you, but I would be a little grumpy too. Haha. But it's been like walking on egg shells this week.
 
It didn't help that we visited like a billion people AND NO ONE was home. I like CAPATLIZING my letters. It's fun.
 
We visited and visited and visited and visited and drove and drove and walked and walked. Most of the lessons we had this week was from complete strangers on the street. I loved it though.
 
After doing this for three days, and not getting into anyones homes, Sister Funaki with her lovely mood just kinda snapped at me. I was so frustrated
 
with life that I might have just snapped back in a very loving manner. It actually was really loving. It's weird how my arguing skills have changed. Before my mission I would have yelled back and called her names, but I just spoke really calmly. It was que estrango. Aren't you proud of me parents, And I decided to be the bigger person after we sat in silence for a little bit, I apologized for not doing anything. And she apologized and admitted to the source of all frustration, and it was all good. We worked it out. It was actually kinda nice.
 
I had a Sister Powell the Third (Alex) experience in McDonalds. Since the Tongans like to give us so much money, Sister Funaki and I like to feed them McDonalds. So we go to McDonalds, and I gots to the use the restroom, so I do. I am sitting there and I here Sister Funaki start talking to this lady. And this lady is spilling her life story and saying she is going to the nut house tomorrow. I finish my buisness, and walk out. The lady is missing a lot of teeth and is wearing an adorable yellow dress. It's cute. She sees me and she is like "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen!" I was like, well doesn't she deserve McDonalds. So I by her some chicken. She asks if I am married while we are waiting in line, and I told her I was. I thought in this case it would be just fine to lie. And then I hand her her food and she just starts crying and she hugs me, and everyone in McDonalds is looking at me, and I 'm just like patting her back while hoping she doesn't hug me for too much longer. And then she let go. I am glad I made her night though.
 
I am officially welcomed into the Tongan program. THey just love when you try to speak Tongan. And you eat. I was in Ward Council, and the bishop never talks to me. But he did this week, and he asked me to pray! I was so happy, and at the end of the ward council he told me thank you. I just felt like skipping.
 
And then I had to play the piano for primary. Oh My Gosh. I thought I was going to die. They were running around yelling cuss words and not singing. The teachers were just sitting there not doing anything. After primary, Sister Funaki and I just wanted to crash and sleep.
 
At the end of the week, Sister Funaki and I met our goals. We passed out a whole lot of Book of Mormons, talked to everyone we saw, lessoned them, and invited people to change through following the example of Jesus Christ and being baptized by someone holding the proper authority of God. Some of them even said yes! They weren't Tongan so we had to give them up, but I like giving other missionaries people to teach. We made peoples days by praying with them, and we had fun. We might have struggled, and it might have been stressful, but what isn't stressful.
 
Our companionship might have only been strong enough to life the white board this week, but we perservered and we are ready for week six. Who knows what is going to happen next transfer, and I feel sick to my stomach, but I will go and do whatever the Lord wants me to do. I trust him and I love him! He is my best friend and I am so glad he is my other companion. It is because of Him we succeed.
 
You might here from me sooner than Monday, or you'll here from me Monday telling you about my fate. I love y'all so much!
 
Love,
Sister Powell
 
 
 
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment