Wednesday, September 18, 2013

FROM SYDNEY

This week was so good. Except for the fact that I might have had an emotional melt down because I think I am balding, and I might have received permission, because no one likes an emotional Sister Missionary, to go to the store not on a P-Day to by Vitamins for my hair. Hahahaa.
Other than that, this week was awesome.
The week started P-Day night, where Sister Tietjen and I successfully got in contact with a Referal named Tina. We had tried for weeks, but we always came to the house when she was showering. Meh. Haha. So I told Sister Tietjen that she should call Tina (I still hate making phone calls) and she did AND SHE ANSWERED THE PHONE! And she was super interested. After that phone call, we danced and danced to Pop Corn Popping. It was so phone. Sister Tietjen and I like to celebrate. It makes us extremely happy. We have made every day a celebration this week.
Tuesday, nothing happened really. I have no recollection of Tuesday. Apparantly it was a good day. Yay.
Wednesday, was AN AWESOME DAY! We were so blessed on Wednesday. We had District Meeting. I was fasting that day for Alex's Visa. During District Meeting I got a call from Sister Clayton (By the way I really need some Louisiana Recipes (Please)) who said she had something from Salt Lake for me. I about peed in my pants. Haha. It was my Criminal Record mabob and I needed to get fingerprints for it. Sister Clayton said she understands if I couldn't get it at the moment, but she said I should make it a priority. So I did. I went straight to the mission office where not only did I get the paper work, President gave me some new red shoes that I absoulutly love. Thank you President Watkins.
I had to call one of President Watkins councilers (who new Mission Presidents had Councilers?) President Davis. We became best texting buddies, and he was the Chief of Police in San Jose. But he was out of town on Wednesday. But we went to a recent converts house name Ves, and we taught his Mom Pilar, who is senile as Potter, and just lovely. We had a good lesson.
The next day, we got in contact with President Davis who informed me that no one does ink finger printing in California. California is a head of times and actually does this electronically. Lame. So he called people, and he got a hold of this place called E-Z Mail. The most sketch place in the world, but the only place in all of California that has ink. So I go and I mail that off. So now my fingerprints are in Salt Lake.
Thursday night was awesome. We visited with Tina for the first time, and she is so awesome. She cried the whole time, and wants to be closer to Heavenly Father. Her daughter reffered her. Her daughter found the gospel in Arizona, and is preparing to get married in the Temple. But it is her first marriage, and her mom really wants to be there. It's cool, because Tina's nephew joined the church and his wife and all his children, and he got to baptize Tina's daughter in Arizona. And everyone is there. So Tina really wanted a Priesthood blessing, and since everything has been working out for us this week, we got our Elders and Andrew Garrett who is preparing for his mission (we like to take the youth with us, they make us feel young and they are excited about everything), and we gave her a blessing (the Elders did) and it was so beautiful. It was awesome.
Oh! And Vina the Indian women, flew to Figi and grabbed her son by the ear and made him visit with the Missionaries in Figi. Hahahahahaa. OH bless Vina.
Friday was Sister Tietjens birthday and was awesome. We were dropped off and we walked all day. We got in contact with this women named Kim Key, who hasn't had contact with the church since Salt Lake for fifteen years. She speaks Cambodian, and her husband made her become Buddhist. But she was so happy to see us. When we were leaving, she got up even though her legs hurt so bad, and she hugged us and she whispered in her broken English: "I like you." It made my heart happy.
And then we walked and walked and walked and I had to pee so bad. I was going to die. We were about to go visit a less active when we decided to visit a former named Anna Moore. I had seen a woman walk by a lot while we were sitting thinking out our plan of action, but I didn't talk to her. So we were knocking on Anna Moore's door, when this woman walks up (who I have seen), and she ends up being Anna Moore. And she wasn't interested before, so we were about to walk away, but I needed to go potty. So we asked if we could use her restroom. So I am busy relieving myself, and Sister Tietjen is being good and talking about the gospel. And I walk out after washing my hands of course, and Anna Moore wants to pray with us. And we hold hands ina prayer circle and we pray and she loves us and we are invited back. Isn't timing wonderful:)
Saturday was super fun. Weekly Planning! Love that thing. And it was transfer calls. And guess what. I am being transferred once again! Hahahahahahaha. I swear, there is nothing wrong with me.
Sunday was fun because it was an outgoing fireside. I saw a lot of former investigators in my other areas, and I also say a lot of missionaries and ward members. I loved it. And I got to wear my new red shoes. I told President about you climbing the school building Alex. We are blaming your criminal past for the reason why I had to do Fingerprinting:)
I love Alum Rock. My testimony was strengthened so much, and I have made best friends. I love Sister Tietjen, Sister Livingston, and Sister Weeks. They are like my Sisters. I have struggled a lot with feeling successful, but I have realized that I need to be in Alum Rock for a reason. I have grown so much. I have learned to love so much.
I struggled a little bit feeling worthy. A lot of things I did in the past kept coming back tobother me. I don't know if y'all remember me telling you about the MTC where I prayed because I thought I was going to be stuck, but I told the Lord I would be willing to do anything. And there I felt a great calm and peace, and I felt worthy. So I decided to pray again, and I felt like I wasn't getting an answer. All week I kept turning to D&C 6, and I have ignored it. But one day, after the umpteenth time, I decided to read it, and I finally got the answer to my prayer that I was seeking for all transfer.
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast ainquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time.15Behold, thou knowest that thou hast inquired of me and I did enlighten thy amind; and now I tell thee these things that thou mayest know that thou hast been benlightened by the cSpirit of truth;
16Yea, I tell thee, that thou mayest know that there is none else save God that aknowest thy thoughts and the bintents of thy cheart.
17I tell thee these things as a witness unto thee葉hat the words or the work which thou hast been writing are atrue.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might aknowconcerning the truth of these things.
23Did I not speak apeace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater bwitness can you have than from God?
24And now, behold, you have received a awitness; for if I have btold you things which no man knoweth have you not received a witness?
32Verily, verily, I say unto you, as I said unto my disciples, where two or three are gathered together in my name, as atouching bone thing, behold, there will I be in the cmidst of them容ven so am I in the dmidst of you.
33aFear not to do bgood, my sons, for whatsoever ye csow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow dgood ye shall also reap good for yourereward.
34Therefore, fear not, little aflock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are bbuilt upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
35Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and asin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
36aLook unto me in every bthoughtcdoubt not, fear not.
37aBehold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the bnails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall cinherit the dkingdom of heaven. Amen.




San Jose California is my greatest witness and miracle. This mission is amazing. I am so blessed and honored. I feel amazingly loved. I love the Lord and I love y'all! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

No comments

Post a Comment