Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From Alex

What a week! I cant believe that I am on my last week of this transfer! So crazy!
 
First off I want to start out by saying... THE WORLD IS AN OPEN POOL! How cool is that? Starting next month we can teach anyone in the world! Including friends at home, our own less active family, basically anyone! How you might ask? Through Facebook, blogs, facetime, skype, googleplus, and IPADS. This is going to completely change everything! The world is now open. China is now open, Saudi, every place that was closed to us before. It is so crazy! I'm so excited to be apart of this work.
 
Besides that awesome miracle. We had a good week of visiting less actives. We also saw Shehara! She is so amazing and is going to the temple this week :) We also found a less active named Jane. She is so amazing! She has the strongest testimony of God's love.
 
We had an exchange this week. Sister Nestor and I went to the Island with Sister Chipman. I love the Island. It is so clean and beautiful. It smells in the city. hahaha But both the city and the Island have good points :) For instance, I can talk to anyone now. I have become fearless. haha I am surrounded by thousands of people alll day long. Its so cool!
 
That night on the Island (which is long island) We did a look up to find a guy named Tom. He was way awesome and I am pretty sure that he is going to join the church. On the way out to the car (i love cars) We found a lady named Gina. I just stopped everyone and started talking to her. She was so sad and wondered if we could give her a bible. We ended up giving her both a bible and a book of mormon. I know that this gospel can bless her life! I wish that everyone would just listen to our message. It would change their life.
 
That night I could not sleep. It was around one in the morning when Sister Chipman said, "Sister Powell I am having problems breathing.: I was so sad! So we called a Senior missionary and we went out and watched finding faith in christ until her breathing went back to normal. I realized something watching the movie. Jesus Christ is so amazing. He changed the world. I think it is so amazing that because He lived and died for us we can change! Our human nature can gradually change. We can be healed. Sometimes we lack the belief that we can change but God will help our unbelief. I know it. I know that he lives.
 
My week was awesome. I am excited for this coming up week.
 
You are all so amazing and remember that God loves you so much! Keep you eyes towards the future and enjoy where you are at :)
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment