Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From Alex

Where is my mission going? I want to extend. hahaha Serve a 2 year mission :) I would love that. anyway. The lIbrary was closed yesterday so nooo emailing :/
 
My last week started off amazing! We started with... ZONE CONFERENCE! Yayyy! I love my mission presidnet so so so much! He is such an inspired man.
 
My week was kinda random and for some reason I was bad at journaling this week. So my email is going to be kinda random also. lol
 
We did a lot with the young women this week. We have been asked to be their examples and of course we said yes. So they came to appts with us :) That was good. I want these girls to be so happy!
 
At a street sweep this week I talked to a woman whose son is a Bishop in Monroe, LA! So cool! Both of her grandsons served misions but she doesnt want to get baptised. Her son says tha tshe knows that the church is true but she just is stubborn. lol She even san us Joseph Smiths First Prayer.
 
We basicall had an awesome week! WE have an investigator! WHOOO! Who is getting baptised next week :D Yay for miracles! Her name is Simone. She was so ready to hear the gospel. We taught her the plan of Salvation and she just said "I know this is the plan that God set up for us." It was so amazing.
 
We also taught Elizabeth again this week. She almost didnt want us to come over because she felt guilty that she drank this week. But we told her no we are coming over. Sister Pierre came with us. She was so amazing! Members really are the key to this work.
 
Church was awesome! Both Simone and Elizabeth came. Elizabeth just had a glow about her! After church she called us and said she felt so peaceful and that she was so grateful for us. It made me so happy.
 
After Church we went and did lookups. And the FUNNIEST THING EVER HAPPENED! hahah We were walking beside this car that was backing up and the car ran over a sprite bottle and the bottle exploded like fountain and the sprite or whatever was in the bottle hit me full on. I just started yelling "IT HIT ME! IT HIT ME!" and the guy starting freaking out because he thought it hurt me. haha But he started laughting too. Im sure one day he will run into missionaries again and remember me and be baptised. lol
 
Labor day was good. We went to a ward BBQ. And also went to see Sister Tracy Davis. She is a lady who is not all there but adores me. It makes me smile. It was her birthday so we brought her a card. It made her day :)
 
This week I have been studying a lot about the Lords timing and His will.
I want my will to be God's will so bad. Sometimes the problem is that I cant see past now. And President Holland gave an awesome talk actually about that :)
 
I love this quote "THe work of devils and of darkness is never more certain to be defeated than when men and women, not finding it easy or pleasant but still determined to do the Father's will, look out upon their lives from which it may seem every trace of God has vanished, and asking why they have been so forsaken, still bow their heads and obey."
 
I dont know a lot of things. But I do know that God has the best plan for me. 
And that is all I need to know :)
 
I love you so much!!!
 
SIster Powell

No comments

Post a Comment