Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From Alex

Hello Family! I love you so much! I love that we have the gospel :) Even though life isnt easy, I am so thankful for the life that comes with having the Gospel.
 
We had a miracle moment this week! We were doing look ups when Sister Nestor had a prompting to talk to a lady. Her name is Elizabeth and she is a member but less active. She has drinking problem and was so sad when we found her. But we prayed with her right there and went back the next day. We taught her and the spirit was so strong. She is so amazing and I know that she has the ability to do such great things.
 
Basically we had a week full of look ups and we actually got fed this week! WHOOO!!! 
BUT the best part of the week was I got to go to Manhattan!!! To the temple :) We went with the youth. It was so amazing, I love the Manhattan temple. It is so crazy outside and then you walk in and it is Heaven :) I am so glad that I had this experience!
 
Sunday I sat in the back row and I was so sad looking at my ward. Ive really come to understand how important the gospel is while being here in NYC and also how real saten is. But I know that the gospel can change lives and there are so many poeple waiting to here it! I love my Jamaica Queens :)
 
I love being here. I love my ward so much. I love my companions. I love the spirit and I love this church.
 
God lives, His hand is in every part of our lives. Sometimes we just dont see why.
 
His timing is everything.
 
I know it.
 
I decided that my mission idol is Enoch. He is so amazing and I want to be just like Him :)
 
I love you!!
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment