Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From Syd

My week really starts on Wednesday of last week. We went to help to clean someones house, and Sister Weeks had an allergic reaction and started to freak out. We were all really nervous that she was going to pass out, or something, so we decided to call Sister Abrams. She wouldn't let us though. And then somehow word came out what happened (because we called Sister Abrams behind her back) and we had to go visit President and Sister Watkins.
 
And I was sitting in that room with them (this is on Thursday), and we all had to talk about our feelings, and I just cried and cried. I was honestly so frustrated with the fighting in the appartment (which I can honestly say I am never apart of, I just stand back), and I was sick of not feeling the spirit. Everyone just felt so sorry for me. It was quite funny.
 
But this week has been very stressful. After the interview I just felt so tired even though everyone has been so happy. I just felt so lonely and not like a very good person or teacher. Then I went to dinner at a members house so we could visit one of our investigators named Fernando. And last time he made fun of the way I spoke, so I really did not want to speak this time. So I was asked to pray, and I was like dangsnap. And so I did, and he kept going on about my voice, and I just started crying again. And then I was asked to speak at church, and I didn't want to speak because you know, my voice felt a little offended. But I did, but I really needed a blessing. And I really wanted a fathers blessing. I really wanted my daddy to give me a blessing, and I wanted my Father in Heaven to tell me he loved me. Because I was feeling really depressed. Sister Livingston wanted a blessing, so we both asked our Bishop for a blessing. And he gave us one. Sister Livingstons had everything that I wanted Heavenly Father to tell me, and mine just basically said search the scriptures and pray and find your own revelation. I felt super upset because he didn't even tell me He loved me. So I didn't feel any comfort.
 
But Sister Livingston and I had a great talk afterwards, and I realized how I really did need to seek my own revelation. I have been relying so much on other people to find it for me. I just really thought their might be something wrong with me. Every area after I leave gets all this success, so I was really worried that there is something really wrong with me. Hahaha. But in my blessing I was told to put on the armor of God, so I decided to look it up
 
Ephesians

Chapter 6

Children should honor their parents—Servants and masters are judged by the same law—Saints should put on the whole armor of God.
 aChildrenbobey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
 aHonour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
 3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
 4 And, ye afathersbprovoke not your cchildren to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
 aServants, be obedient to them that are your bmasters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
 6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the aservants of Christ, doing the bwill of God from the heart;
 7 With good will doing aservice, as to the Lord, and not to men:
 8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he areceive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
 9 And, ye amasters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your bMaster also is in heaven; neither is there crespect of persons with him.
 10 Finally, my brethren, be astrong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
 11 Put on the whole aarmour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
 12 For we awrestle not bagainst cflesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the drulers of the edarkness of this world, against spiritual fwickedness in high places.
 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
 14 Stand therefore, having your loins agirt about with btruth, and having on the cbreastplate of drighteousness;
 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of apeace;
 16 Above all, taking the shield of afaith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery bdarts of the wicked.
 17 And take the helmet of asalvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
 18 aPraying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all bperseverance and supplication for all saints;
 19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the amystery of the gospel,
 20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak aboldly, as I ought to speak.
 21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, aTychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:
 22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.
 23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
 24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in asincerity. Amen.

Which is what I really need to be doing to keep all these negative thoughts out of my head. Satan has really been attacking me, and I have been letting him get to me. I just need to pray better, search the scriptures better, and just be better. So I made some goals for myself:) They are as followed:

Be Honest ALWAYS- You always feel guilty when you lie. IT feels terrible!
2- Be positive- Don't talk about negative things. Don't act negatively, and don't put people down. Look for the postive in everyone.
3-Be patient- people havve different worries and concerns. Don't snap or huff and puff. Be nice to everyone!
4- Be loving- Love everyone. If you talk about someone- say something nice- see people the way the savior would see them. Look for opportunities to serve people.
5- Don't fear! Talk to everyone. Participate always in lessons. Trust the Spirit and the Lord. I know more than I think I know. Don't fear the future. be bold like Alma! These people will never see me again except in the next life. They want to appreciate nmy effort.
6- Always pray- it's a conversation. Invite the spirit when you pray. Don't you dare stop under 5 minutes. Talk! Be honest and focused when you pray. Pray for Heavenly Father, pray for your companions, investigators, family, give thanks always. Leave yourself last. Praying always means forgetting yourself and focusing on others.
7- Remeber Him always- everything around your is his, esspecially your mission. Be grateful for everything all the time. Remembner this is his purpose. Hehave in a way that you would if he was standing right in front of you. He is watching. Have integrity.
8- Repent always- don't try to change others (except through the Spirit;)) change yourself. You have a lot of faults that need to be worked on. Change and try to  be more Christlike.
9- Try always- come home exhasted bc you talked to everyone. You invited everyone to change like you are trying to change. Don't give half, give all. Always bear testimony.

Repent always again- uou always need to repent, even for the little things. Make an effort to change yourself. Always be firm in what you know is true. Change your thoughts, actions, and words immediately. Satan wants you to fail. Pray to the lord for strength to endure.
- Try always again- you can always try harder. Give 110%. Don't you dare look back on your mission and think I could have tried harder. Go home tired and with your goals reached. Pray to the Lord to help you. Help your companion.
Read the BOM Always - read it and love it. Don't be scared to talk about it. Take your time on a verse. STUDY IT! Don't doubt it, it's true. You have prayed about it and recieved an answer. Always continue to pray about it to let your testimony continue to grow.
11- give your life to him- consecrate your life to HIm. Reflect His will and example. ALways pray to know what he want you to do and do it. LEt him Direct your path. After your mission, keep going. Love like Him and be like Him.
12- Be the best missionary I can be and at the end of the mission, go to the temple and ask what you did was enough and had over your mission to him. Everything about it. And make sure you have a lot to give.

13- Do his will always- don't think what I should do- think what he would do. Don't think about yourself, this isn't about you.
14-- Serve him always- with everything yo have. Love him and love will come. Serve him and chance fore service will come. Become better and make sure your mission describes how you will act for the rest of your life.

I am going to try my best to be happy. I have something that should always make me happy! I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I am extemely loved by my Heavenly Father and Savior. And Sister Weeks and Sister Livingston had an investigator named Oliver baptized and I helped teach him! A lot of the people that I helped teach are being baptized in my other areas. I am so grateful that I get to plant seeds. I love this work and I am so happy to be here! I love you all:)

Love,
Sister Powell
 

No comments

Post a Comment