Wednesday, September 18, 2013

From Alex

 AM SO EXCITED ABOUT HARRY POTTER!! haha
 
I thought I'd start off with that!
 
But my week was so random. The most random week by far of my mission.
 
It started out with monday.
Simone- She was our investigator with a baptismal date. But the most tragic thing in the world happened. Anti. The Mormon church is super hated in New York but by far in Jamaica Queens. Everywhere you turn there is something Anti about us. Last week we got a text from a random number which happens a lot because of fearlesses. But it was just a text message basically saying bad things about our church so we ignored it. But Simone wasnt answering our calls so we put two and two together and realized it was her. So we went to her house with a member and she was just super angry. I felt the spirit so strong in the lesson, but something I have learned is that the spirit can not reach those that have contention in their heart. We all did what we had to do. But sadly Simone asked us never to come back again. The sad part is that her daughter loves has so much. I hope one day she can find the Gospel.
 
After that we were all pretty drained. Yet we kept on going! Wednesday though is where it gets exciting. President called me. AND GUESS WHAT!? I found out I was training :D I was super excited and nervous! My trainee was going to be a visa waiter as well! I was surprised though.
 
The next day I went to trainer meeting. I loved it :) The assistant to the president's are so amazing and gave such good advice! But President Calderwood is the best! He gave some awesome advice about strengthening your testimony. He started with choosing the one thing we are struggling with and then he gave us a system to study. He said to
 
pray-read-write
pray-read-write
pray.
 
We tell the Lord what we are struggling with and then we read eveything about the subject and then write down the testimony we want to have.
then we repeat. As we do this we will gain the testimony we want :D
Way awesome!!
 
Then Friday came. With another phone call from president. But he didnt answer so we waited and waited. And at 9:30 I get a calll that my little trainee got sick :( So she is spending her whole mission in Utah. I felt so bad for her!!! President said that I should be honored that God and him thought I was ready to train though. That made me feel good.

Saturday we hada concert in the Jamaica Food court. It was a way good experience! There was a little girl that was so interested so the mom is letting us come over! It made me happy :D
That night marlene was baptised. She has been investigating the church for a while! It was amazing.
 
Im staying in Jamaica this next transfer! Yay! But we are moving pads. Are new pad is so beautiful and has an elevator! YAY!!
 
Love you all so much! The Church is true. The book of mormon is the word of God.
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment